The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra T/T 1996 auto

japone

Just a warning to all potential supra buyers . A picture off my supra has been posted for sale on eBay. This is NOT the case. That advert is a scam. My car is for sale here and auto trader only . Scammer seller is called chalre54 from kings wood! I have notified eBay earlier today but they have not removed it yet. If anyone from the supra club would like to report the add for me as well ,much appreciated!!!.

£11.020.00 for a t/t dream on

got a link and i'll report it, give me something to do lol

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

To think everyone is in lockdown. And some scum is trying to con people out of their money. How does the con go? Send me money I send you the car because of social distancing it’s a bargain at this price!!!!! Lol hope no falls for it.

- - - Updated - - -

To think everyone is in lockdown. And some scum is trying to con people out of their money. How does the con go? Send me money I send you the car because of social distancing it’s a bargain at this price!!!!! Lol hope no falls for it.

No mate he’s done work on it ie. the turbos and stuff! But he’s never owned it. It came from a club member a long time ago. He only sold it so he could have kids. I’m still in touch with him! He has sent me pictures of when he had it. It’s a mint car!!

Thats the email what i have from that ebay seller "I am presently offshore working as Mechanical Supervisor for Dana Petroleum. Inspection would be possible starting the 20th of May when I will return on land. That if it won't get sold in the meantime as I have received tons of messages and lots of offers.^

In different circumstances I would have opted for a face to face sale but being offshore my options are limited so I will only deal through eBay and by using PayPal PAD (Pay After Delivery) service which offers a refund policy. It's similar to an escrow service so they will hold a deposit while you fully inspect the car.

I can arrange for delivery and pre-purchase inspection for 7 days at your address. You have the option to inspect the car for any damages and reject the deal if you won't find it as described. I am pretty sure this will not be the case as I'm being totally honest and upfront with you. You should know that the deposit is sent to PayPal and not me personally. The deposit will be put on hold and released by PayPal only after you have made your choice if you want to keep the car or not."

Sounds fishy and i was pretty sure i saw that reg number somewhere before

Wysłane z mojego VOG-L09 przy użyciu Tapatalka

Thats the email what i have from that ebay seller "I am presently offshore working as Mechanical Supervisor for Dana Petroleum. Inspection would be possible starting the 20th of May when I will return on land. That if it won't get sold in the meantime as I have received tons of messages and lots of offers.^

In different circumstances I would have opted for a face to face sale but being offshore my options are limited so I will only deal through eBay and by using PayPal PAD (Pay After Delivery) service which offers a refund policy. It's similar to an escrow service so they will hold a deposit while you fully inspect the car.

I can arrange for delivery and pre-purchase inspection for 7 days at your address. You have the option to inspect the car for any damages and reject the deal if you won't find it as described. I am pretty sure this will not be the case as I'm being totally honest and upfront with you. You should know that the deposit is sent to PayPal and not me personally. The deposit will be put on hold and released by PayPal only after you have made your choice if you want to keep the car or not."

Sounds fishy and i was pretty sure i saw that reg number somewhere before

Wysłane z mojego VOG-L09 przy użyciu Tapatalka

Sounds like an elaborate PayPal scam... you should probably send a report through to Action Fraud. They get intelligence from financial institutions and banks via the NCA (National Crime Agency) formally SOCA (Serious Organised Crime Agency) and by collating this intelligence, it can build cases on organised crime, as in this case, and take them down before they cause the public further harm.

The ad is still there 3 days later. If you look through the eBay car ads, at least under classic cars, there are about 100 listings using clearly grabbed images located 45 miles from me with similar lack of detailed desctiption on the cars as this particular posting has. You cannot really call it an advert, more a send me your money if you are stupid enough. There was a tasty e-type roadster for under £10k recently. eBay is loving it though, all these classified ad fees so it has no incentive to do anything about it and you could say why should they as its a pay to advertise contact they have with 'sellers'and they are advertising so keeping up their end of the arrangement.

I gave up reporting ads to eBay years ago as they would rarely get pulled and if you embarked on a personal mission to do that with dodgy car ads you'd be kept busy all day long.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.