The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Car related thing you have done and keep looking back wishing you hadn't

jackso11

I am sure there is a long list of things I have done related to buying, selling, modding cars that I look back at now and wish I hadn't but the one thing that I keep look at is TRD airbag steering wheels. I bought an MR2 import just because it had the TRD steering in it and thought I could make a quick £. Car cost £680 because the gearbox was about to pop. Swapped the steering wheel out, had the gearbox rebuilt and sold the car for more than I bought it and had it repaired for by few quid and got the steering wheel for nothing.....then sold it....idiot. Wish I had TRD steering wheel!

Car wise-

Not buying a facelift TT auto in 199 on here years ago, had tte wheels on it and was stunning, well looked after and looked perfect, the new owner then changed the look of it :(

Not buying buying a TT6 facelift in red a few years back for 12k only had 40k on the clock and was VGC

Not buying my godfathers Aston after he passed for 30k 5 years ago, one for the sentimentality side of things, and the other being the car is now relisted for 100k

Parts wise

Selling a set of facelift lights way back for £20

Not buying the v160 from manwithsupra for 2500 iirc

But hell you have to make mistakes to get where you are now. All happens for a reason I guess

Sold my OE rear bumper for a reasonable price. Then being at a loss after postage costs and the delivery company charging me for under specifying the dimensions. Then having to buy another OE rear bumper for more than I sold mine just so I could drive the car to my body shop whilst my Trial bumper was being refurbished..

ouch, some good/bad ones here.

Another one was selling my mint NA on here on a whim because someone offered me what I paid for it and thought after 2 years thats not bad. Especially because I was hung over when he collected it and I trusted him and didn't count the money...ripped me off by £200. He wouldn't answer the phone when I called him and eventually answered a text saying he would pay me by bank transfer...then made up a story about the car needing a wheel bearing and refused to pay me and stopped answering.

As you said ripped_fear, live and learn.

When I was 18 I had a big crash in my V6 Ford Cougar, instead of scrapping it I spent £2k fixing it on the cheap. It was never right after no matter how much money I threw at it so I sold it for £1250.

Then I bought a proper car... MR2 Turbo which I should have kept as I loved it and miss it to this day. Would have been a great alongside the Supra.

So 2 regrets there...

Sold my OE rear bumper for a reasonable price. Then being at a loss after postage costs and the delivery company charging me for under specifying the dimensions. Then having to buy another OE rear bumper for more than I sold mine just so I could drive the car to my body shop whilst my Trial bumper was being refurbished..

Doh, you should of said, I've got my oem rear bumper sat in a shed at a mates.