The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Cryto Currency

Jellybean

2 hours ago, Dnk said:

No offence taken mate, I guess I got lucky with XRP if it is such a shit coin, I sold most of mine when it went over 400% at the end of November 

Well done Dunk, glad you made bank :) 

Although XRP is always good for a pump, even now and will probably deadcat bounce, i'd personally shift a bit of focus to Ethereum and litecoin, too much uncertainty with XRP now, poor risk reward. Neither Eth or Ltc have broken their previous ATH and it's only a matter of time, imo of course.
DeFi is driven by eth and only makes up 5% of total marketcap of alts, i expect it to go much higher during '21. The polkadot ecosystem, and it's associated alts, is also something worth looking into. Another very good bet for '21.

Edited by Marty (see edit history)
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Marty said:

With regards to exchanges, stick with the well known high volume ones, coinbase, bitstamp, binance, bittrex, kracken. The likes of plus500, etoro etc are CFD, you don't own what you're buying.

The goal is to gain more bitcoin and ethereum, use alt/btc and alt/eth charts, not alt/usd charts. If you're up in usd but down in btc you've failed  :) 

Thanks for the info, went with one of those exchanges and managed to shift a load of alts I had laying around.

On 1/3/2021 at 11:15 AM, Marty said:

Well done Dunk, glad you made bank :) 

Although XRP is always good for a pump, even now and will probably deadcat bounce, i'd personally shift a bit of focus to Ethereum and litecoin, too much uncertainty with XRP now, poor risk reward. Neither Eth or Ltc have broken their previous ATH and it's only a matter of time, imo of course.
DeFi is driven by eth and only makes up 5% of total marketcap of alts, i expect it to go much higher during '21. The polkadot ecosystem, and it's associated alts, is also something worth looking into. Another very good bet for '21.

Loving the dead cat bounce :)

Edited by Dnk (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, jamesmark said:

To save me reading through all this, is there a go to app or site to use to buy and sell? 

I see doge increased by 50% today thanks to Mr Musk

Coinbase is the most user friendly and safest, fees are very high though.
Binance is good, plenty of selection and low fees, has an app too, that's where i do most of my trading.
It's been a crazy past month for the alts, plenty of multiple x'ers.

13 hours ago, jamesmark said:

The what now, novice here 😁

Alt's are alternative coins to Bitcoin.

When things pick up, Bitcoin tends to wander off on it's own and then good alts will sort of follow suit at the same time later on. Bitcoin ramped up to new all time highs around the turn of the year and we're just seeing alts push up now with Ethereum (#2 coin) setting new highs every day at the moment. If anyone had picked up Ethereum about this time last year, you'd be up well over 10x :)

There's also a lot of newer projects that have shot up the rankings lately, yielding even higher returns!

• Like 1

When bitcoin runs altcoins get nailed relative to their btc value - alt usd figures are generally worked out from the btc/alt pair value, so if bitcoin goes 10% in a day and your alt is up 5% (usd) it's a bad trade, you're down 5% in bitcoin value.

The cycle generally goes like this. Bitcoin runs, alts suffer - you don't want to be holding them. Once bitcoin tops and consolidates (like what its doing now), you want to be all over alts, the alt/btc pairs start to play catch up and you can really make strong profits. Eth is the leading indicator of the fabled alt season. High caps go first, then mid and lastly low caps and micro. Alt seasons are short lived, a few months, before bitcoin moves again. There's always exceptions to the rule but generally that's how it plays out.
Like i've said previously, if you don't want to trade the cycles you should be holding at least 50% btc at all time, at least 20% eth and maybe some ltc. Rest in alts, that way you've got exposure to all the cycles. You don't need a lot of exposure to alts to make massive profits, never go all in them. They'll do -90% once the bear market returns, maybe -100% and never recover. Eth being the exception i'd say. Don't be surprised to see eth at $10k at the end of this bull market, which, if previous cycles are anything to go by, will conclude by the end of the year,

This is an handy indicator to be aware of .. https://alternative.me/crypto/fear-and-greed-index/

Extreme greed - take profits, volatility due.
Extreme fear - buy the blood.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Glad I kept the super cheap XRP I bought in March 2020 when it went down to $0.11 I bought at 0.1278 :)

I put in some of my profit and very happy where it's gone/going. 

Any thoughts on all the stuff i'm reading that the SEC case is on its knees and lots of forecasts 

saying XRP will beat its ATH 

xrp.jpg

Edited by Dnk (see edit history)

What a crazy few months for alt coins so far! Didn't think we'd see anything like 2017 again but so far so good this year! similar story for me too. I have a bag of verasity i bought early last year, it's currently up 12000%, and i didn't have a small position to start off with 👀 i've just sold ~80%, i'll leave the rest just in case it continues.
No opinion on ripple and the SEC case, however, that doesn't really matter with a full blown alt season. Attached is my chart with where i'm at with ripple, it's a long term chart and against btc (it's native pair), if ripple breaks that resistance that it's close to, i'll take my barge pole comment back and jump in 😆 If it does break and moon, top is potentially something like 600% from here, you're gonna want to sack it off within the month if it does. The ripple super cycles are short lived as you can see from previous ones.
There are other old dinosaur coins/tokens that are at a similar point too, Xmr, Dash, Eos, Xlm.

When long term resistance is broken you normally get very good gainz btw

https://www.tradingview.com/x/FVdk4De8/  - Ripple

https://www.tradingview.com/x/76RKoN6O/ - EOS

https://www.tradingview.com/x/A7rd5mQb/ - Xlm

https://www.tradingview.com/x/KMsk4b6H/ - Dash

Edited by Marty (see edit history)

I got into EOS for the resistance break a few weeks ago so time to just sit back for a bit :)

I've kinda held BNB as a default for paying fees on Binance and it's rocketed up my portfolio share lately too. Kind of a fluke but I'll take it and might even look into other teams solving the GAS fees issue with ETH at the moment. Although it might be a bit late now chasing pumps.