Toyota to launch new Sports car sub brand

Marcus GTE

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That BMW Z5 mule in the top link has been doing the rounds for quite some time. If it has a passing resemblance to any Toyota it most likely looks like an uprated GT86 (which is a Subaru BRZ with a frilly frock anyway). The FT1 concept was sublime and would be a great GTR-basher but that seems even further away than ever.

As always, I won't be holding my breath. Might just be current models that get 'breathed on' by a tuning outfit.

• 2 weeks later...
Please tell me that is not what we all thought was going to be the new supra ?

It isn't. It's more of a hint towards future tech that could make it into other cars.

IMO it looks like they want a new sports car line up. They have a Celica replacement in the GT86. This would be the MR2 sized offering. Then comes the Supra replacement.

This concept is longer, lower and wider than the 86.

... don't see a MKV Supra in the line up? :innocent: :D

There is a new Supra coming.

I kinda hope that's what's been seen going around the ring in the camo being touted as thew new supra... the combo of manual and auto sounds a bit weird? Does it have a clutch pedal?

No, it's a conventional automatic with a simulated H-gate

:)

• 3 weeks later...