1999 RZ-S Twin Turbo Tiptronic

Alex_GT

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I personally think that looks like a brilliant deal for someone. Considering the prices of some of the old dogs to get a nice un molested model at a reasonable price seems like a great deal.

GLWS rewind a couple of years i would have been on the phone to you already.

- - - Updated - - -

I personally think that looks like a brilliant deal for someone. Considering the prices of some of the old dogs to get a nice un molested model at a reasonable price seems like a great deal.

GLWS rewind a couple of years i would have been on the phone to you already.

Thanks! A BMW E92 M3.

I also have a set of 16'' stock wheels (only 2 centre caps though), but the tyres are virtually brand new. I bought the 17'' wheels when I bought the car, and I was fired from my job 2 days after buying the Supra, so they have barely done any miles at all. Not sure if the new owner would be interested if they wanted to run different tyres in the winter?

Thanks everyone! Car is booked in at Toyota this Friday for a full service (filters, oil, brake fluid etc) and to get the differential leak sorted.

A couple of things I forgot to mention in the original post, the car has been undersealed when it was imported by Torque GT, and I am the first owner in the UK (unless you count Torque GT who technically were the first registered keeper).

Are there any mechanical issues with the car ? i've read some of your threads regarding the brakes, autobox, diff, odo, noise in dash but the threads

don't end with any answers as to whether these issues have been sorted

Are there any mechanical issues with the car ? i've read some of your threads regarding the brakes, autobox, diff, odo, noise in dash but the threads

don't end with any answers as to whether these issues have been sorted

The only mechanical issue is the diff leak. The brakes are fine now, I was getting accustomed to them when I posted, it is the first auto I have driven and the car tends to drag forward as you come to a stop due to the nature of how it works. Toyota are doing the brake fluid on the service.

The autobox is fine, I was confused about the operation of the tiptronic and the LCD display but that is how they all are apparently. I don't press the throttle very hard most of the time either which I think confuses the box sometimes.

The diff does make a noise but I think it is the plates in the LSD. The VIN plate shows from the factory it was fitted with the A02A diff, but I believe there is an LSD unit fitted. I have asked Toyota to tell me definitely what is fitted when they fix the leak.

The odometer was fixed a few months ago, I kept a record of the mileage I was doing and posted it to Torque GT who gave me a new unit with the new correct mileage.

The noise in the dash stopped just after I posted the thread regarding it, I had taken the dash apart a few times to get at the odometer and to replace the A/C controls so it could have been something loose/not fitted.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.