The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra MKIV OC General Election Poll

SupraAyf

Surprised anyone would want Corbyn running the country

I always like to play devil's advocate (I think he gets a disproportionate amount to flak) and as the above statement implies you think it would be a disaster can I ask why, what do you think he'd do that would hurt the country/us/economy?

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Lib dems get a large vote people have short memories, "we will not have university student fees"

I voted for lib dem on this policy and felt incredibly betrayed; however, I'll be voting for them again this time as I think they are preferable to the conservatives on economic and foreign policy and Labour doesn't float my boat. At this point, all of them feel like a wasted vote when it's the system in place that I feel isn't working.

I voted conservative last time however.

I have no idea who to vote for. They're all useless cretins.

I want Brexit to mean Brexit so maybe Mrs May could be the person to deliver that. I'm also openly against mass immigration and the conservatives have already stated that, post Brexit, they don't intend to reduce the net figure. UKIP aren't capable of getting along without in-house fighting, let alone running the country. I'm also anti-fox hunting.

Considering the above, I'm tempted not to vote.

Not voting for labour or conservative because voting for the same two parties and expecting any other result than a bad government is the very definition of insanity.

Although I'm very much under the impression that it doesn't matter who we vote for, I'd like to be proven wrong by seeing any other party than the proven useless two who always get in. The system is well and truely broken

I always like to play devil's advocate (I think he gets a disproportionate amount to flak) and as the above statement implies you think it would be a disaster can I ask why, what do you think he'd do that would hurt the country/us/economy?

I think he means well,however the last time Labour were in power they almost bankrupted the country and I guess folk are a bit wary of the same happening again.So far he has promised £10 minimum wage and removal of 1℅maximum wage increase for public sector workers and big increase in wages for N.H S workers,all good you would say, but don't know how it will be paid for,borrowing or taxes !

I say put all MP's on minimum wage and let's see how many stay in the job

I truly believe that all MP's are two faced lying crooks :( you show me a politician who is in the job for the good of the people and not the big salary and all the perks and I'll show you a surprised Welshman

I think he means well,however the last time Labour were in power they almost bankrupted the country and I guess folk are a bit wary of the same happening again.So far he has promised £10 minimum wage and removal of 1℅maximum wage increase for public sector workers and big increase in wages for N.H S workers,all good you would say, but don't know how it will be paid for,borrowing or taxes !

All western countries faced bankruptcy didn't they? 'global' crisis and no one seems to control their debt (it almost seems like it must be a bad move overall if no one has done it?) what I'm saying is would the tories have averted the crisis? doubtful?

I don't think any uk government has reduced borrowing since the Thatcher era have they?

I don't think any uk government has reduced borrowing since the Thatcher era have they?

The debt is a symptom of the real problem, the deficit (that, and bailing out the banks). Labours 'crime' was to run up an enormous deficit during peak prosperity, and left us in a terrible position once the inevitable crash came. The only solutions were austerity or debt, the ConDems chose a mix of both. Had they gone full austerity, the cuts would have been terrible.

And while we're getting towards ending the deficit, one of Corbyns key aims is a £500 billion blank cheque for 'investments', to add to the £1.7 trillion we already owe, and our children's children's children will be paying off. Considering more than half of the current deficit is in interest payments on our debt, borrowing such a huge amount now is madness.

I say put all MP's on minimum wage and let's see how many stay in the job

I truly believe that all MP's are two faced lying crooks :( you show me a politician who is in the job for the good of the people and not the big salary and all the perks and I'll show you a surprised Welshman

I have a very good pal who is an MP and who incidentally left the military just to become a politician for his local peeps. He is as honest as they come so I have no trouble in saying that some, at least, are good eggs.

The more i read and see about him the more i don't like him, his stance on our defence, nato, i think the country would be bankrupt

if he and Labour got into power

How he and Labour would handle brexit also concerns me and i have far more confidence in us getting

a better deal staying with the Conservatives

The more i read and see about him the more i don't like him, his stance on our defence, nato, i think the country would be bankrupt

if he and Labour got into power

How he and Labour would handle brexit also concerns me and i have far more confidence in us getting

a better deal staying with the Conservatives

I'm with you 100% on this one Dunk.

There was an interesting interview on the daily politics show (now showing) whereby a Labour MP stated that Labour would create one million extra social houses (over a 10-year term) by getting new home purchasers/owners on every newly built estate to contribute fully to the social housing build costs, i.e. the new home owners would pay for the build costs as a proportion of their final sale price.

That's a ridiculous plan that will only force-up the cost of housing for the rest of us.

I'm with you 100% on this one Dunk.

There was an interesting interview on the daily politics show (now showing) whereby a Labour MP stated that Labour would create one million extra social houses (over a 10-year term) by getting new home purchasers/owners on every newly built estate to contribute fully to the social housing build costs, i.e. the new home owners would pay for the build costs as a proportion of their final sale price.

That's a ridiculous plan that will only force-up the cost of housing for the rest of us.

With immigration at current rates, these 1m extra homes would only cover the population increase for the next 5 years anyway, and wouldn't address the current shortage.

And where are they intending to build all of these new homes? Locally, they simply grant planning permission on the green belt, while not upgrading the infrastructure to suit.

One load of housing being built locally is being built on a local flood plain, which turns into a swamp every year.

We need fewer people, not more housing.

We need fewer people, not more housing.

Yeah but fewer of anything doesn't really work in the current capitalist system, everything has to grow to cover the debts of the past and liabilities of the future. We have a recession and it's the end of the world seemingly but it's often a very small % reduction in production, yet it's seen as a massive indictor of contraction and VERY bad.

"The technical indicator of a recession is two consecutive quarters of negative economic growth as measured by a country's gross domestic product (GDP), although the National Bureau of Economic Research (NBER) does not necessarily need to see this occur to call a recession"

Growth growth growth but how do you get that without either population increase or increased consumption? Lot's of things on the wish list are like wanting the same fire but also wanting to reduce the fuel you put on it.

"Fewer people" doesn't tend to come about apart from in dire circumstances :(

The debt is a symptom of the real problem, the deficit (that, and bailing out the banks). Labours 'crime' was to run up an enormous deficit during peak prosperity, and left us in a terrible position once the inevitable crash came. The only solutions were austerity or debt, the ConDems chose a mix of both. Had they gone full austerity, the cuts would have been terrible.

And while we're getting towards ending the deficit, one of Corbyns key aims is a £500 billion blank cheque for 'investments', to add to the £1.7 trillion we already owe, and our children's children's children will be paying off. Considering more than half of the current deficit is in interest payments on our debt, borrowing such a huge amount now is madness.

I get your point about deficit, I would like to compare us to other countries and I bet few run a surplus. However re the 500 billion for investments, well if truly good/considered ones they will make back more, I mean every country has to invest in infrastructure. It's how the money is used that makes the difference, you have no faith in Corbin/Labour doing the right thing, perhaps you are right given their track record! but the idea itself can't be fully condemned just like giving up Trident, they are options available. At the end of the day if keeping a eye on the purse strings, you have to look closely at increasing revenue and decreasing costs overall but each area can have many ups and down changes. To be fair a party's chancellor 'should' put the brakes on any PM's runaway idea's.

We unfortunately can never tell if the Tories would have done anything different leading up to 2008, whether that was truly a global event no party would have avoided, hell at the crunch it might have been worse?

I'd like to vote for a 'person' someone you can listen to and think "yes they're a good egg/sensible/practicle/less full of party politics BS" but they get so little exposure these days it's hard to know more than a few politicians by name and very fews character. I think TV debates would be interesting because it takes away that god awful house of commons jeering and guffawing pricks element.

Growth growth growth but how do you get that without either population increase or increased consumption? :(

IMO if we were to adopt the Austrailian Immigration system then we could select the right folk with the right skills who in turn raise the efficiency and productivity bars to much higher levels.

Win win.

IMO if we were to adopt the Austrailian Immigration system then we could select the right folk with the right skills who in turn raise the efficiency and productivity bars to much higher levels.

Win win.

The UK should have adopted that system years ago, unfortunately for the UK it doesn't sit too well with the PC brigade. This is usually when they start chanting nazi and racist just to get people to shut up and go away. The liberals have a lot to answer for.

The UK should have adopted that system years ago, unfortunately for the UK it doesn't sit too well with the PC brigade. This is usually when they start chanting nazi and racist just to get people to shut up and go away. The liberals have a lot to answer for.

Yep, I agree, and we now find ourselves in a political swamp as a consequence of the PC Brigade. I'm all for fairness but we have stretched things a little too far.

ok sat down with a cuppa and the local rag the Surrey Advertiser. Front page is a story of all non tories parties considering pulling together to stand in isolation against the Tories (Jeremy Hunt - polarising person if not widely disliked?). Now his highlights the lack of proportional representation, and how (love them or hate them) UKIP did so well votes wise but so poorly seats wise. It makes a bit of a mockery of the system when you get tactical voting by people let alone tactical campaigning by parties!?

The arrogamce of the EU Summit's members today has really gripped my s..t

I'm hoping more than ever now that the Blue Machine gains the biggest majority possible to help our Brexit campaign; a 60-Billion divorce fee - I think we would be far better off with a hard Brexit led by a cohesive and determined government.

Come on the blues.

If you think the Tories, who mostly supported remain are A. Going to support the people of this country and B. Going to give us a decent exit from the EU, the. You're living in a dream world. People must have short memories or something

Have some sense man; there is no such thing as a soft or hard Brexit. It's just not possible. The EU want to keep a strangle hold of the UK and this is more than evident with the three primary terms given today. We either get out on our terms or stay in the EU.

What utter tat.

Come on the blues.

If you think the Tories, who mostly supported remain are A. Going to support the people of this country and B. Going to give us a decent exit from the EU, the. You're living in a dream world. People must have short memories or something

I agree, but think of the alternative. Corbyn literally pandering to the EU's every whim, and Farron intentionally derailing the negotiations to hold a second referendum.

I wasn't going to vote, but all this talk of 'progressive' (whatever that actually means these days) alliances in an attempt to ignore the referendum result is making me pretty motivated to go out and vote Tory.

I agree, but think of the alternative. Corbyn literally pandering to the EU's every whim, and Farron intentionally derailing the negotiations to hold a second referendum.

I wasn't going to vote, but all this talk of 'progressive' (whatever that actually means these days) alliances in an attempt to ignore the referendum result is making me pretty motivated to go out and vote Tory.

Don't get me wrong I will never vote labour but not Tory either. They're both terrible and have been for the last century.

All this blind love for the Tories is crazy, they've shown no evidence they will be any good at all and I've a feeling they will screw us the most.

People don't seem to realise there's alternatives and I will always vote for those alternatives.

I'm this election, it's either Brexit Benefit of an attempt to subvert the outcome of the referendum.

I would have considered UKIP, where it not for those shameful refugee/migrant posters during the referendum, and their apparent transformation into an anti Islam movement.

Besides, I live in a Labour stronghold with a large Labour majority, so a vote for anything but Tory is a waste. If the UKIP vote collapses here sufficiently, and enough Labour leave voters go to the Tories, there's a chance we can unseat the Labour hag we currently have (Rachel Maskell, awful person and MP)