The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra MKIV OC General Election Poll

SupraAyf

Don't get me wrong I will never vote labour but not Tory either. They're both terrible and have been for the last century.

All this blind love for the Tories is crazy, they've shown no evidence they will be any good at all and I've a feeling they will screw us the most.

People don't seem to realise there's alternatives and I will always vote for those alternatives.

Whats your alternative ?

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whats your alternative ?

Well firstly, I believe voting tactfully isn't how it's supposed to work. So when people say it's a wasted vote then what you're saying is everyone's vote is wasted and there's no democracy because it sure as hell isnt a useful vote if you have to vote for 2 extremely poor parties.

Personally I've always voted ukip but only because I've never had any decent indepedant candidates, who usually I much prefer in terms of policy. Party politics has ruined how parliament should work. Don't get me started on career politics. I know some people will say that ukip is racist but I think that's very narrow minded, I've looked at the manifesto and there isn't anything racist there at all. All I see is sensible policies. Esspecially no party whip with councillors. Oh focusing on road maintenance which is poor at best is another great one.

I personally don't put my self into a set camp (right wing/left wing) I just go with my personal beliefs on each area of discussion. I.e I feel corporation tax is too low and non domicile status is terrible but also immigration is unmanageable at its current rate. Which some would say are opposing ideologies.

I vote ukip because other than the Green Party, the conservatives, labour and liberals have all proven in the past to have done poorly in government. Someone new and untested is required. If there was a representative vote party or take money out of politics so it isn't so corrupt party then I'd vote for those but seeing as those aren't an option it's the greens, ukip or an independent, although independents seem to be very uncommon now.

There was no talk of hard or soft brexit pre referendum as far as I'm aware,it's another term invented by politicians.But don't worry if you don't get the election result you want ,we could say it wasn't fair and campaign for another one !at least that's what happens in Scotland:innocent:

Did anyone hear this car crash? Warning, if you haven't yet, it's cringe worthy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJJraUmSoLI&feature=youtu.be

As if they needed anything else to go wrong, their self confessed Marxis shadow Chancellor, John McDonnell, made a Trade Union speech the other day, to a load of Communists, under a Hammer and Sickle flag

http://metro.co.uk/2017/05/02/the-picture-that-john-mcdonnell-probably-doesnt-want-you-to-see-6609968/

I suspect these two fairly major blunders, combined with todays very positive manufacturing news, will boost the Tories in the polls again.

Just a reminder people, please before jumping on the Tory wagon, do some research:

https://voteforpolicies.org.uk

https://www.theyworkforyou.com

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/politics/constituencies

Vote for a decent MP and not the Tories because of what the papers say. It's scary how quick people are jumping to support the Tories after they were strongly anti Brexit.

One of Labours policies is to keep the Nuclear deterrent, but just watch what Wez has posted. Under Corbyn, we would have no nuclear deterrent, because he would never authorise a strike.

So we have all the cost of Trident, with none of the benefit, and this country would be without a nuclear deterrent for the first time in over 60 years.

For me, this is probably the single most important aspect of this election, even more so than Brexit.

One of Labours policies is to keep the Nuclear deterrent, but just watch what Wez has posted. Under Corbyn, we would have no nuclear deterrent, because he would never authorise a strike.

So we have all the cost of Trident, with none of the benefit, and this country would be without a nuclear deterrent for the first time in over 60 years.

For me, this is probably the single most important aspect of this election, even more so than Brexit.

Not denying that at all. But voting based on the individual may have better results than party politics for a change. Just an idea.

Personally, I would look at it as a case of who are the two leading parties in your area, and if they have a commanding lead over the other parties, vote for the least worst of the two. Or, don't bother to vote at all, as I'm still quite inclined to do.

I think anyone who votes for Corbyn is as deluded as him.

How can you vote for a man that doesn't listen to the people, he wants more immigration, less military, no royalty and he supported IRA scum.

And he will bankrupt the country with his ideas, what he needs and all the Islam supporters in this country is a projectile injection of 7.62mm

f

:shock:

If someone has fired nuclear weapons at us aren't we screwed anyway? Doesn't make a lot of difference to fire back other than tit for tat.

I was hoping we had some kind of defence system to destroy missiles before they hit the ground?

To me Piers is just stirring up public angst over a hypothetical situation that we should never end up in. (Not defending the useless sack of poo that is Dian Abbot)

f

If someone has fired nuclear weapons at us aren't we screwed anyway? Doesn't make a lot of difference to fire back other than tit for tat.

I was hoping we had some kind of defence system to destroy missiles before they hit the ground?

To me Piers is just stirring up public angst over a hypothetical situation that we should never end up in. (Not defending the useless sack of poo that is Dian Abbot)

It's a hypothetical situation that could actually happen.

In which case we need a leader to press the button and not ask to sit down for a cuppa.

Trident can also target missiles in the air, but the button needs to be pressed very quickly.

And the reason why we shouldn't be targeted with nuclear weapons is because of MAD, mutually Assured Destruction.

So the idea is if they send a missile, we do the same thing so would be pointless attacking us in the first place.

f

It is coming, the US has already developed several directed energy (laser) systems to do this, and China are also developing them. The current missile based system (such as the Israeli 'Iron Dome') are effective, but very expensive to operate. These laser based systems will cost much less to operate, will be more accurate, dependable, faster, and able to engage many more targets in a short period of time.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boeing_YAL-1

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-06-27/us-navy-begin-testing-powerful-150-kilowatt-laser-weapon-system

Which will the create another arms race - something that will counteract those defence systems.....

That's nothing new, it's been going on since a neanderthal decided to pick up a rock and hit someone else over the head with it. :)

UKIP have done what they set out to do, but even though I dont like the party (due to the direction they're heading in now), I hope they manage to stick around for a bit longer, just to hold the Tories to account on the EU.

My take on these results is probably even worse than today's results are making out.

Basically, leave voters from the Tories, UKIP, Labour, SNP etc are flocking to the Tories as the party of Brexit. But Tory remain voters are staying with the Tories, not going to the lib Dems as predicted.

The Tory success in Scotland really is unbelievable. If someone had suggested that to me a year ago I would have laughed at them. But again, the large minority of Scottish leave voters, and Scottish unionists, and anyone who opposes the SNP only have the Tories to get behind now.

I wouldn't be surprised now if the Tories take over 50% of the vote in the election.

The local elections seem to be going in the Conservatives favour by the look of it.

Could be the begining of the end for Mr Corbyn and his followers

I never knew his end had a beginning ;) But thanks Diane for the final nail, it was hammered in

with all the lack of skill only you seem able to muster in public.

Shows a lot people think that UKIP have delivered what they intended and are no longer relevant.

Would also seem that people see Corbyn as a protester and not a politician.

Was thinking this might just happen to the s.n.p in Scotland if independence was ever won !