The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Does anyone else have days where they want to sell their Supra...

gordy.r

Diff is an AO1B, both that and the AO2A that was in up until a few months ago did very little to assist with the traction issues.

I think it's just a matter of 400+ bhp through the rear wheels is never going to bode well in the wet I'd presume.

I have to disagree to be honest. I know I keep banging on about it but I run 295/35/19 Pilot Super Sports on the rear (Pirelli P-zero's on the front) and it is quite amazing the grip you can achieve. Depending on the road surface (pitted is much better) it will hook in 2nd and onwards with 600bhp. If it's a very smooth/new road surface with lots of surface water then obviously it's much harder to get traction. But in general it amazes me how well it controls the power in the wet!

EDIT: I usually run 30psi in the rear, 34psi at the front

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to disagree to be honest. I know I keep banging on about it but I run 295/35/19 Pilot Super Sports on the rear (Pirelli P-zero's on the front) and it is quite amazing the grip you can achieve. Depending on the road surface (pitted is much better) it will hook in 2nd and onwards with 600bhp. If it's a very smooth/new road surface with lots of surface water then obviously it's much harder to get traction. But in general it amazes me how well it controls the power in the wet!

EDIT: I usually run 30psi in the rear, 34psi at the front

Have you tried 295 40 18's?

Im the same, I still pondering to sell it to buy our property were in but my missis suggestion may be better so it looks like its staying for the time being but im still not 100%

For me its nothing to do with I want something faster or different but I feel its more of a pain to drive as I don't want to leave it on the street anywhere, I have to be really carful where I drive for speed humps so it ends up being left in the garage. It only seems to go out for meets or shows now. I really enjoy driving it when I have it out but don't really miss it when its in the garage if you know what I mean.

Edited by mplavery (see edit history)

Mine either. But wheels are my only exception :p

But wheels (and tyres) are what make contact with the tarmac :) I know what David means, my next set on the rears will be 40 profile. There is hardly any give in the 35's on now and make it a little skittish round bends with little bumps! I'm running 29-30 to try and compensate which isn't ideal so may as well go 40's and run proper pressure.

But wheels (and tyres) are what make contact with the tarmac :) I know what David means, my next set on the rears will be 40 profile. There is hardly any give in the 35's on now and make it a little skittish round bends with little bumps! I'm running 29-30 to try and compensate which isn't ideal so may as well go 40's and run proper pressure.

I know I know, but 19s look much nicer and a bit more modern too on a Supra IMO. Plus you can still get away with 35 profile tyres which makes the ride bearable (just)

Sometimes I feel like I want to try something else like a 3000GT or an RX7 or a classic car but I like the Supra too much to sell it at the moment :)

Haha yes, a collection of classics would be nice :) I'd like a garage big enough to support that, only way that'd happen is I moved to the states or somewhere where the cost of living isnt as ridiculous.

Only car i would sell mine for would be a GTR

i love the bmw M's and the RS6 etc but they do nothing for me, just a rich mans fast car, but ultimately a supra gets way more attention and when modified is quicker anyway, it just doesnt have all the expensive electrical crap to go with it, not doubting the driving experience will be superior so if its a daily i could see the reasons

Especially now mines mapped on the single setup im seriously satisfied, until GTR prices drop to around £20k (ie: never :)) ill be keeping mine

To all who are thinking of selling your supras I suggest you take yourself outside find a birch tree snap off a branch and slap yourself stupid with it then go home put the kettle on and have a nice cup of tea and remove any thoughts of selling out of your mind :)

However if you do sell I'll look forward to seeing your I regret selling my supra thread because you all know you will :(

To all who are thinking of selling your supras I suggest you take yourself outside find a birch tree snap off a branch and slap yourself stupid with it then go home put the kettle on and have a nice cup of tea and remove any thoughts of selling out of your mind :)

However if you do sell I'll look forward to seeing your I regret selling my supra thread because you all know you will :(

:yeahthat: