The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Bad supra crash in Belfast this morning

jim

Very sad to read and see. This reminds me of my crash in my supe, same time of year in fact happened on the 8th November 2008. Greasy roads and a little damp. It's amazing how much damage you can do at 30mph. I wouldn't be surprised if that crash was at 40 or 50mph. Very sad though, RIP fella and supe.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That's really sad. We've all had great fun in our cars, makes me remember all the times I've used the horsepower from my turbo. Sometimes things go wrong. Thoughts with his family, think we can all relate to how easy this could happen to any one of us.

I think the bonnet is just casting a shadow over the bay so you can't see the engine.

Trees are up there with the worst things to hit, just no give at all above a certain size, yet thin enough in diameter that the car wraps and doesn't deflect/bounce off, so even if the compartment holds up you get severe deceleration of you and your insides :(

Unlucky to hit exactly level to where he was sat, a metre either way and he could be relatively fine :(

I did something similar to my first TT, but fortunately for me it was a passenger side impact. I thought I'd switch the traction control off and pedal to metal from the lights .. in torrential rain .. to see what happened. I found out via an (unmarked) lamp post!!! This is clearly a high speed impact. Terrible tragedy a kid in his 20's died but it does look very much like he was doing a ridiculous speed in an urban zone. Save the speed for the track and clear M-ways people. Be careful out there :(

That's a photo of my old NA Auto from when I had it up for sale a couple of years ago. It was bought by someone from Co. Limerick who wanted to take off the updated stuff like UK lights, facelift indicators and leather interior for his TT project and then sell on the car with his original parts. The alloys were 18" Jade R's so it could very well be my old car. Very sad news indeed.....

Very sad to see this, this must be so devastating for everyone involved, especially with such a young family, and if the report of his Dads death is right, you just don't recover from that. As was said previously a tree of that size and bigger is probably the worst thing you could hit. Rest In Peace Kevin.

Which one? Thor, Odin, Aphrodite?

Does it make a difference to you?

RIP to the victim.

That's a photo of my old NA Auto from when I had it up for sale a couple of years ago. It was bought by someone from Co. Limerick who wanted to take off the updated stuff like UK lights, facelift indicators and leather interior for his TT project and then sell on the car with his original parts. The alloys were 18" Jade R's so it could very well be my old car. Very sad news indeed.....

That would be me, went on to Carlow but im not sure after that.