The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Harleys new progress blog from the start. My Na 5

HarleyFDMD

Boxes of goodies looks like its about to get some power added :cool:

I agree with the black centres on the rims too, its not really that theyre gold, its the colour shade thats wrong, it will look mean in black, before i got my 531's, I had black on black split Gewalts it looked a hell of alot more aggressive than the Elton John look it has now haha

Looking good! I'm looking forward to seeing how the wheels turn out, I think they'll look great

Keeping your upgrades safe at night I see lol

Yeah eventually il get the single build properly started but for now it all resides under the bed untill i can afford to continue with it.

The misses did seem a little suspious as to why i keep it under the bed... i didnt have the bollocks to tell her the cost of it all lol.

Im hoping the wheels are going to look good. They wont be permanent anyway, eventually i will buy some Works

Looking good dude! Tell me...where did you get your turbo trumpet from? Also.....do you remember where you got your tyre stickers from that you had on your old wheels?

Kind regards

Big Dave x

Hey Big Dave!!

The turbo trumpet was just an ebay job,

If you search something along the lines of turbo velocity stack you'll have afew come up.. its not the best, you have to use a silicone joiner to attach it to the compressor housing unlike the genuine HKS ones which are slightly over sized which allow them to slide directly onto the compressor housing and then tightened on by a couple of grub screws.

The tyre stencils were directly from speedhunters. They are called speedhunters tyre bombs.

Note they aren't stickers though, they are just one use only stencils, you apply them to the sidewall, spray over them in your choice of paint (white primer works best) and then remove them leaving behind the painted on writing. I then tidied up the edges with some tip ex and a permanent marker before dusting over with some satin lacquer.

Il be doing it again with these wheels once i get them back.

Hey Big Dave!!

The turbo trumpet was just an ebay job,

If you search something along the lines of turbo velocity stack you'll have afew come up.. its not the best, you have to use a silicone joiner to attach it to the compressor housing unlike the genuine HKS ones which are slightly over sized which allow them to slide directly onto the compressor housing and then tightened on by a couple of grub screws.

The tyre stencils were directly from speedhunters. They are called speedhunters tyre bombs.

Note they aren't stickers though, they are just one use only stencils, you apply them to the sidewall, spray over them in your choice of paint (white primer works best) and then remove them leaving behind the painted on writing. I then tidied up the edges with some tip ex and a permanent marker before dusting over with some satin lacquer.

Il be doing it again with these wheels once i get them back.

/QUOTE]

Thanks man. For that kind and swift reply I'll name my first child after you

In all seriousness the car does look awesome. You going japfest?

Thanks man. For that kind and swift reply I'll name my first child after you

In all seriousness the car does look awesome. You going japfest?

Haha no problem! I feel sorry for your first child.. poor thing will spend its entire childhood being asked by everyone he/she meets whether their dad likes motorbikes! Trust me.

Yeah definitely going Japfest!! Il see you there!

Haha no problem! I feel sorry for your first child.. poor thing will spend its entire childhood being asked by everyone he/she meets whether their dad likes motorbikes! Trust me.

Yeah definitely going Japfest!! Il see you there!

/QUOTE]

lol be the least of their problems being my child :D awesome man, look forward to seeing the car...and you :kiss:

Love this car! Saw it in the hanger at Players. Me and Dad spent a good half hour drooling over it (He's got a stock TT6 in black).

Glad to hear the tyre lettering will be making a comeback! It was a small touch, but looked so damn awesome.

I wish these guys did a Speedhunters logo... https://www.tirestickers.com/product-category/tire-lettering/

Love this car! Saw it in the hanger at Players. Me and Dad spent a good half hour drooling over it (He's got a stock TT6 in black).

Glad to hear the tyre lettering will be making a comeback! It was a small touch, but looked so damn awesome.

I wish these guys did a Speedhunters logo... https://www.tirestickers.com/product-category/tire-lettering/

Thank you Chris, i remember speaking to you shortly after players on facebook i think.

Players was a good show

Will you be at Japfest? We'll have to have a chat some time

So today i picked up my wheels.. i was abit dubious about how they would look, particularly as everyone told me not to do it but the pictures speak for themselves.. I love them!

So much classier i think. The gold spokes and polished lips were just too much and didn't do the car any favours imo.

This is a vast improvement i think

I had them powder coated in piano black and have just spent the past hour and a half fitting all the gold rivets. Cant wait to get these fitted!

I agree with you. Black looks good.

I prefer a contrast, I.e. Silver or Crome but that's just personal preference. I think black hides the detail of the wheel from a distance. My wheels are similar to yours in silver so perhaps compare and contrast at Japfest.

Definitely better than gold though!

Thank you Chris, i remember speaking to you shortly after players on facebook i think.

Players was a good show

Will you be at Japfest? We'll have to have a chat some time

Any time mate. Yeah I think we did when you put a pic up on Slamber! Me and Dad actually bought tickets and club passes for Japfest, but unfortunately can't go now due to other arrangements which is a shame. Hopefully we will bump into each other at another show! I plan on going to as many as possible this year haha.

P.S. Wheels look sexy as hell, black was definitely a good shout!

Got the tyres fitted to the rear wheels today and have been looking at the tyre stencils im going to be using.

I will get them done hopefully over the weekend as they take quite a long time to do properly. I think i might create a 'how to' thread too on the process because i have had alot of people ask me about them since i did it on my last wheels.

I know this looks drastic but its literary only dusting off the writing using a specific tyre sander usually used for puncture repairs.

loving the updates.

Be interested to see if you get any flak from the local constabulary over the smoothed tyre side walls.

Thank you, hopefully not, i didnt get any bother with my old wheels and tbh it would still pass an MOT like it. You dont gouge into the sidewall or go deep atall.. you literally just graze over the top of the lettering with one of these