The mkiv Supra Owners Club

I'm 'back' as it were..

d-_-b

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

b;4180463']Cheers dude, your car is looking excellent btw! That yellow is so eye catching. Was scrolling around the sections and saw your wheels update and forgot how nice she looked!

Cheers mate, I was going to sell it to buy a house but at the moment looks like I can have both :D

Get some up to date pics of your Supra posted !

• 1 month later...

So just thought I'd post a real quick update to this,

With the TT market being what it is, am thinking NA-T as I was before, so since my last post I have now sourced an N/A engine to get the car going however it doesn't have any of the motor mounts.

Now I've sourced the exhaust side, but need the Intake side.

So if anyone has an intake side mount (both parts, bracket and mount) please do get in touch!!!

*david attenborough mode on.

Watch as this younger, more virile owner whom has returned from a long foraging session away from the pack. See how this fine specimen secretes a pungent odor from his turbo scrotum.

The older males in the pack find the lure and prospect of a new car amongst there numbers highly stimulating.

Here we see the older member hurriedly scurrying off into a dark corner of NWS with his genitals tucked between his legs.

Now only the whimpering chatter of his once majestic BOV can be heard in the dark recess of this car community.

• 2 weeks later...

Also as part of her rebuild she now has:

Brand new UK brake calipers front & rear

Brand new UK brake grooved & drilled brake discs front and rear

Brand new brake pads front and rear

Brand new braided brake lines

Brand new upper & lower suspension arms front and rear

Brand new toe rods

New rear subframe

Brand new HSD coilovers

Prob a few other parts i've missed but shes looking pretty smart under there now... :cool:

• 2 weeks later...

Picked up some facelift front seats on Saturday from CarlM (great member, real pleasure to meet and deal with, thanks dude).

Those are now in so nice to have something proper to sit on when inside ^^,

Gearbox now has oil in and bled the clutch and moved her around under her own power.

Also wired in the reverse lights so they are good to go.

Also it's looking like I'm going to be having a lot going on this year so after much deliberation I've come to the decision that once I've carried out a few other bits on her she will be going up for sale.

b;4192351']Picked up some facelift front seats on Saturday from CarlM (great member, real pleasure to meet and deal with, thanks dude).

Those are now in so nice to have something proper to sit on when inside ^^,

Gearbox now has oil in and bled the clutch and moved her around under her own power.

Also wired in the reverse lights so they are good to go.

Also it's looking like I'm going to be having a lot going on this year so after much deliberation I've come to the decision that once I've carried out a few other bits on her she will be going up for sale.

Whattttt? You can't sell up again Chris!

Get her to a driveable state and just enjoy her for a bit dude.

She's looking great

Whattttt? You can't sell up again Chris!

Get her to a driveable state and just enjoy her for a bit dude.

She's looking great

/QUOTE]

Cheers Josh,

Yea it's not a decision I come to lightly as was planning the whole NA-T route again but I'm just not going to have the time to do it dude.

She was always going to be a second toy/project but as always, things always seem to change & time is everything. >

b;4192363']Cheers Josh,

Yea it's not a decision I come to lightly as was planning the whole NA-T route again but I'm just not going to have the time to do it dude.

She was always going to be a second toy/project but as always, things always seem to change & time is everything. >

Ahh man, no way you could just keep her NA5 for a while?

Seems such a shame to sell her - not many people get the opportunity to purchase back a car they loved.

Whatever you do decide/end up doing, keep in touch buddy, it's been great having you back around..

PS, would a run out in mine help change your mind? :tongue: