The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Cheap fun classic

tooquicktostop

I have discussed this a few times, and I have owned a few "classics" over the years, I am about to move house and will have the space for a classic car to play with, I intend to select something that will not drop in value and something easy to work on and get parts for

I like the Rover P6 V8 and the MGB GT Chrome model, I also like the Z28 Camaro but they are hard to find now, dont want to spend much more than 4k

Anyone got a classic that they have really enjoyed and would recommend

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been quietly watching the Honda CRX (1992) and values are rising sharply. I always loved this little car and remember driving up to the local Honda garage when it first came out to lust after it. Getting rarer but I would have one in a heartbeat.

I've been quietly watching the Honda CRX (1992) and values are rising sharply. I always loved this little car and remember driving up to the local Honda garage when it first cam out to lust after it. Getting rarer but I would have one in a heartbeat.

Weird. I clicked into this thread to say exactly that.

Weird. I clicked into this thread to say exactly that.

Great minds!

The other pocket rocket that I'd have is the Daihatsu Charade Gtti - amazing little car. I had one of the lesser models many years ago and, again, always wanted the Gtti. Rarer than the CRX and values are silly. There's a left hooker up for £10K.

Had a Mk1 MR2, great fun, also had a 205 GTI 1.9 and again good fun

Looked at a R5 GT Turbo as I had one as a teenager and really enjoyed the car but not many good ones left and it would really have to be a stockish Raider to float my boat

I do like the V6 Corrado

I am perhaps looking back a little further but have seen a 5 speed Z28 I like and a Red P5 V8 in nice condition

Had an MGB GT, white and chrome. Spent more time under it than in it but was a great car! Lots of parts readily available for this including the Heritage shell. Can drop a nice V8 in there too.

I do like the fact all the parts are still affordable and easy to buy off the shelf, that was the problem with the TVR S2 I just sold, more fun than an MGB but parts are not almost impossible to find new, and being a TVR its will need them...often

That looks stunning, proper 70's colour as well, I never thought a Capri would be in budget

I almost purchased a 2.8i in the early 90's but thought the £500 asking price was just too much !!

I didn't think a mk1 would be in budget either, thought you might get a 2.0 mk3. Mk1 is a great looking little car.

I'd buy that myself if I had somewhere to keep it. Honda f20c and 6 speed swap would make that such a great car.

My old man's Triumph Spitfire seems to have very slowly increased in value over the years I've been paying attention.

Capri's a good shout, finding a nice condition one that's not rotten is the hard part. Are old RS Turbos etc. in range? I haven't looked at prices on them so could be way off

Awesome to see others are being like minded. I've just bought an 1988 Honda CRX 1.6i. It's got a turbo conversion, 240hp and scary. Only got it Tuesday. Looking to restore it while the Sup is being finished in the paint shop.

The price is definitely increasing. The parts for sale is pretty good also. Plus the owners club forum is just as active and loads of people seem still very much into them

Awesome to see others are being like minded. I've just bought an 1988 Honda CRX 1.6i. It's got a turbo conversion, 240hp and scary. Only got it Tuesday. Looking to restore it while the Sup is being finished in the paint shop.

The price is definitely increasing. The parts for sale is pretty good also. Plus the owners club forum is just as active and loads of people seem still very much into them

Pics!!!!

With a classic it makes sense to go for one that doesn't attract road tax.

I have a fair few old cars and my absolute favourite is the least expensive, a MGB Roadster. You'll squeak one for £4k but for a Mk1 or early Mk2 allow for £6k to get a good one. I've done loads to the one I purchased for £5.5k and now have it agreed value insured for £14k. £70 to insure, £0 to tax and sails through its MOT with no advisories but above all, great fun to drive on a sunny day.

I've been quietly watching the Honda CRX (1992) and values are rising sharply. I always loved this little car and remember driving up to the local Honda garage when it first came out to lust after it. Getting rarer but I would have one in a heartbeat.

I've owned a couple of MKII CRX's they are great fun, this looks like a really nice original example.

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201610068505408?make=HONDA&radius=1500&advertising-location=at_cars&onesearchad=Used&onesearchad=Nearly%20New&onesearchad=New&sort=sponsored&postcode=cw113nf&model=CR-X&page=1