The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Anyone tried one of the link ECU's

fastcar

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Their website does not highlight it , with the exception of the Thunder and Fury models

Maybe I am missing something?

I think you should consult with Mark Luney, Carlo. most recently he has become the Link Europe Manager, however before this he drifted the SATS cosworth/Lucas Supra which ran link and various others before that. He might be able to advise you on what ecu will be the most suitable for you. And dont worry just because he now works for link, if he genuinely thinks it wont carry out your purpose he will tell you and advise you otherwise. Hes a straight shooter.

Thanks , was going to Ask Mark just dont want to be bothering him; phoned the agent here and I was not sure who I was talking to but he was all over the place , didnt know prices , just model names but didnt really understand the features , was just spouting lamda AFR ratios at me

There's an owner's forum, they have answered a couple of my own questions there.

Good shout , thanks Chris!

Was going to email you too Chris , if you would be interested in installing an ECU and getting Fraser AKA Frank LOL to map it , or if you have any other taughts

Looking on the map, I think you are the closest to Dublin out of everybody plus I know you will do a neat job ;)

Good shout , thanks Chris!

Was going to email you too Chris , if you would be interested in installing an ECU and getting Fraser AKA Frank LOL to map it , or if you have any other taughts

Looking on the map, I think you are the closest to Dublin out of everybody plus I know you will do a neat job ;)

Richard Bradley maps Link also and is very reputable and in Dungannon Co. Tyrone

Given I have a Tiptronic sat on my ramp awaiting bits and also awaiting a fix for the Tiptronic control I am jittery about fitting ECU's for others to map. Best you get Fraser to fit it, he has had his own manual VVTi running fully sequential off an M800, I think he may even have the loom adaptor still. No wires were cut to do this either!

Given I have a Tiptronic sat on my ramp awaiting bits and also awaiting a fix for the Tiptronic control I am jittery about fitting ECU's for others to map. Best you get Fraser to fit it, he has had his own manual VVTi running fully sequential off an M800, I think he may even have the loom adaptor still. No wires were cut to do this either!

Chris, what tiptronic control issues are you referring too?

Thank you Sir! I will see what he says

Just to get more info on the Link , I was looking at the Fury as it has a build in Wideband ; anybody have it installed ? PNP unit is fairly basic

Traction control for the Supra I presume you would need a digital Abs Sensor?

Can you update the firmware yourself?

I've done a couple of Fury's, but nothing that has pushed the envelope of it's feature set. That is the trouble with half the features on modern ecu's, old Toyota's just don't need any of it. The Fury is the ideal Link for the VVTi as it has DBW control built it. The Storm Black being the ideal for the, single non VVTi TT and NA-T. Extremes and Thunders are just over kill.

I've done a couple of Fury's, but nothing that has pushed the envelope of it's feature set. That is the trouble with half the features on modern ecu's, old Toyota's just don't need any of it. The Fury is the ideal Link for the VVTi as it has DBW control built it. The Storm Black being the ideal for the, single non VVTi TT and NA-T. Extremes and Thunders are just over kill.

Thanks , just my thinking is

The fury has an o2 controller built in , by the time you add the O2 wideband module to the pnp Storm ; it's near on par with price but has the additional features

What engine protection strategies are on the pnp, link website is not very clear , I can see the fury has knock, oil pressure, temp etc

What engine protection strategies are on the pnp, link website is not very clear , I can see the fury has knock, oil pressure, temp etc

Downlload the Latest PCLink software and install it. Load up one of there many base maps and then press help and there are detailed explanations of every feature. There is a whole section on engine protection.

If it needs a digital signal form the ABS sensors I can supply modules to convert from analogue to digital signals.

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?316889-Traction-Control-and-ABS-analogue-to-digital-converters&highlight=analogue+digital

Chris, I've had a quick look and couldn't find a definitive answer, but does the ABS sensors also pick up the vehicle wheel speed? If so, to any Link gurus out there, do you know if you can calibrate the vehicle speed via the ECU? This is something I will be looking into when doing a gearbox conversion.

Chris, I've had a quick look and couldn't find a definitive answer, but does the ABS sensors also pick up the vehicle wheel speed? If so, to any Link gurus out there, do you know if you can calibrate the vehicle speed via the ECU? This is something I will be looking into when doing a gearbox conversion.

Yes it can. You can add a multiplier and a Frequency offset to the input and send it back out via an aux line. It even does that sweep thing at Key on at a speed/time of your choosing (as can the Tacho out).