The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Anyone tried one of the link ECU's

fastcar

Yeah exactly that! I'm still in two minds whether to go single as I am slightly worried about losing that drivability as in the respond side of things! Even when I do go single i wouldn't want any more then 550BHp at the fly

Choose a smallish billet ball bearing turbo, and you can have a more responsive and more powerful car, which sounds nicer, and should be more reliable due to ditching many vac pipes and solenoids etc.

It's a no brainer imo, though it is expensive to do properly.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Choose a smallish billet ball bearing turbo, and you can have a more responsive and more powerful car, which sounds nicer, and should be more reliable due to ditching many vac pipes and solenoids etc.

It's a no brainer imo, though it is expensive to do properly.

My way of thinking to be honest!

I know several people running LINK ECU's, the G4 range is fantastic. NP89 on here is using the Xtreme for his forged/single build and another friend just got a G4+ Atom fitted and mapped to his NA-T with the Whifbitz kit, which is their 'entry level' ECU.

Mark Luney has just been announced as the UK Sales Manager for LINK who I'm quite friendly with, so if anyone needs me to find out anything or put you in contact, give me a shout.

I know several people running LINK ECU's, the G4 range is fantastic. NP89 on here is using the Xtreme for his forged/single build and another friend just got a G4+ Atom fitted and mapped to his NA-T with the Whifbitz kit, which is their 'entry level' ECU.

Mark Luney has just been announced as the UK Sales Manager for LINK who I'm quite friendly with, so if anyone needs me to find out anything or put you in contact, give me a shout.

Thanks for the info chap. They do seem to be a good bit of kit, will give you a shout if I need any advice for sure!

I have used the Link plugin ECU (no wiring needed) for some time now. It's a very good ECU, but does not run the sequential turbos.

The two latest Link ECUs are awesome. These are the Link Fury and the Link Thunder. I'll be upgrading to the Link Thunder this year as it can do ABS sensor based traction control as well as all the other bells and whistles. :)

I have used the Link plugin ECU (no wiring needed) for some time now. It's a very good ECU, but does not run the sequential turbos.

The two latest Link ECUs are awesome. These are the Link Fury and the Link Thunder. I'll be upgrading to the Link Thunder this year as it can do ABS sensor based traction control as well as all the other bells and whistles. :)

Thanks fella:)

I've used Link for the past 12 years. They've come a long long way in that time. Their latest systems are as good (and most of the time better then) anything else out there.

Would you say any of them are capable of running the sequential system on the supra?

Would you say any of them are capable of running the sequential system on the supra?

The G2, G3 LEM, G3 XLEM, G4 Storm, G4 Extreme , G5 Fury, G4 Storm Black, Thunder all capable.

G3 LEM and G4 Storm would require sacrifice of the engine check light or Boost Control to do it.

A Link ecu was something I was interested in for a single set up, but the tuner I spoke with needed to check up on opeartion of the Link unit with the autobox. Anyone got any info on this and how they run together?

Currently running my G4 storm on an autobox single build. All fine so far :)

• 3 weeks later...