The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Anyone tried one of the link ECU's

fastcar

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you mind telling us who installed and mapped it please? I do like the Link software, from the point of view of ease of use and clarity of function.

Hi Chris,

I am from Australia/Malaysia so yeah the car was mapped by JPC.com.au in Melbourne, Australia. The car is now in Malaysia.

It is really good ecu but i do find it slow in releasing new stuff vs other brands.

Just had my G4+ mapped on my car

Superb bit of kit, has all the fail safe functions using the sensors, Toucan display all setup to it too

Well happy i went for it

Only downside to some is it doesnt control an autobox

great to see if linkecu support autobox out of the box... or at least having support for autobox.

Yes, wideband can be connected, and yes knock detection works well as long as you have the sensor calibrated properly for your engine.

You could actually download latest copy of the link software and load up kurofune's sample map and you can see all the features that are supported.

I wish Thunder also have analog volts out like in Kurofune !!!! Link should have done this ahead of other ecu....hmm..

Yes, wideband can be connected, and yes knock detection works well as long as you have the sensor calibrated properly for your engine.

You could actually download latest copy of the link software and load up kurofune's sample map and you can see all the features that are supported.

I wish Thunder also have analog volts out like in Kurofune !!!! Link should have done this ahead of other ecu....hmm..

Thanks mate. Will do that.

• 2 weeks later...
Very interesting thread guys top stuff.

Do they do an off the shelf ECU for the later VVTI supras?

They used to have pnp adapter box back then and i am actually still running that adapter to date but now with newer Thunder ecu(upgrade from vipec v88). I just don't understand why they drop that product.

Edited by mkivtt (see edit history)