The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Applecross 2016

Marcus GTE

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Ok guys, we are reaching the end of 2015 and we will soon need to start booking up accommodation at the usual place on the Isle of Skye.

I will be making a provisional booking at the Skyewalker Hostel for both the Friday and Saturday nights.

Last year we all slept in one of their dorms (well most of us...some found the sofa just as comfortable), this year due to increased numbers we will be getting the dormitory again, along with the wooden Jedi Huts and some other twin and four man bedrooms.

It will be a provisional booking and there are other B&B's and Hotels near by Portnalong for those wishing something a bit more homely to retire to in the evening.

Once booking have been confirmed, tickets and prices will be put out offering various packages as per this year. (Accommodation included, Boat Trip included etc etc).

Keep your eyes peeled for further info.

Point to note: those who are wishing to stay at the Skyewalker please don't make individual bookings, as the management frown upon groups who book individually to get round their group booking policies. It all has to be cleared though the hostel prior to booking.

Those wishing to book a separate hotel, I wouldn't hang around as these places book up very quickly for that time of year.

Gordy.

• 1 month later...

Just giving this thread a bump as there is now 7 months to go and we will need to be looking at confirming numbers etc in the next month or two.

Once Marcus and myself have worked out final details and costings we will update the thread and start taking deposits for the trip.

Final planning stages are in process just now so stand by for details in the very near future.... :)

Just giving this thread a bump as there is now 7 months to go and we will need to be looking at confirming numbers etc in the next month or two.

Once Marcus and myself have worked out final details and costings we will update the thread and start taking deposits for the trip.

Final planning stages are in process just now so stand by for details in the very near future.... :)

uploadfromtaptalk1454203471070.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Just a heads up guys, we are probably Going to want to collect deposits for AC16 soon, like within the next month. Expect a figure of £70 per head and £60 for guests.

Final pricing and planing is in progress so any questions you might have will be answered soon.

I can reveal though that with a number of developments since the last update on the thread, Lewis and Harris will be put on the back burner and won't feature as part of this years trip.

Good news is that means is the trip will be cheaper than planned.

Hope everyone is looking forward to this years trip as much as the organisers are. If it's half as good as last years it will be a success.

Edited by Marcus GTE (see edit history)

Just a heads up guys, we are probably Going to want to collect deposits for AC16 soon, like within the next month. Expect a ballpark figure of £50 per head.

Final pricing and planing is in progress so any questions you might have will be answered soon.

I can reveal though that with a number of developments since the last update on the thread, Lewis and Harris will be put on the back burner and won't feature as part of this years trip.

Good news is that means is the trip will be cheaper than planned.

Hope everyone is looking forward to this years trip as much as the organisers are. If it's half as good as last years it will be a success.

👍

Just tell me when and how much

Will get it sent over when details are up too mate :) What was the overnight situation again? I remember reading earlier in the thread about some staying together and some getting a room with there partners, I'd prefer a double room for it if that's an option? or is that finding accommodation ourselves?

Will get it sent over when details are up too mate :) What was the overnight situation again? I remember reading earlier in the thread about some staying together and some getting a room with there partners, I'd prefer a double room for it if that's an option? or is that finding accommodation ourselves?

No problem Shawn, that is an option and we have booked the accommodation for you. You will be spending 2 nights in the Skyewalker hostel which is really cool. There are rooms we have arranged for couples at an extra cost (not much) but that will be explained soon :thumbs:

I'm out I'm afraid. Still no job.

That's a bummer Tony :( hopefully it's not too much longer to wait mate. What's for you won't go by you and all that.