The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Applecross 2016

Marcus GTE

I have to say this is shaping up to having some pretty impressive machinery attending.

I count five autos to seven 6 speeds too.

Plus 2 supras with a rare RSP colour :cool:

Really looking forward to this, will be great to meet some of the member's in person too [emoji106] will defo need to refurbish my wheels now, it's the only thing that really lets it down at the moment.

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are non Supras allowed? Just considering our options but after our trip up to Achmelvich Beach in October, we are thinking of another trip up there. Love it..!!

H.

Good stuff mate, another English member on board :thumbs:

If you thought your trip was good last year you're in for a treat.

I've saw some top 5 or top 10 roads in Scotland articles this last week, and we hit about 70% of them in this one trip!

Chances are I'll be without my T88 for it, but put my name down for this :)

Good to see your name down James, if it's not the best road trip you've ever been on you can have your money back ;)

Good stuff mate, another English member on board :thumbs:

If you thought your trip was good last year you're in for a treat.

I've saw some top 5 or top 10 roads in Scotland articles this last week, and we hit about 70% of them in this one trip!

Good to see your name down James, if it's not the best road trip you've ever been on you can have your money back ;)

I've been before Marcus - it's stunning the whole way along the way! I did it out to and around Skye the second time round back in 2010. Glorious :)

Is that because it'll be a different model? :D

I've been rumbled! That is absolutely the reason haha! ;) 6266 Gen 2 should be on by then I'm hoping :)

When we get a confirmed line up could we post up a pic of the cars? As me being the southerner haven't met half of the crew and hasn't the Nissan R33 become a Supra since DB15?

Ha, yeah, I wonder if people just need to get that out their system because they mostly come back to another supra :)

Good idea, most of ours can be found on last years show thread/ videos but we should have a line up once deposits are in :thumbs:

Ok, just spoke to the missus and we are in for the trip. Not sure what car we will be in but the M is looking favourite.

H.

Great! The two of you will need to get involved in the speed boat trip etc that we did last year. We try and get out the cars every now and again and it helps break up the driving :thumbs:

Ok, just spoke to the missus and we are in for the trip. Not sure what car we will be in but the M is looking favourite.

H.

Great to hear you can attend Havard, it's going to be nice to meet you, and experience some of your humour in the flesh :D.

Last year we bumped into the Z4 owners club, you could tell those guys had a hoot by their body language and grinning faces.

:thumbs:

When we get a confirmed line up could we post up a pic of the cars? As me being the southerner haven't met half of the crew and hasn't the Nissan R33 become a Supra since DB15?

I don't see that being a problem and is a pretty good idea :).

With regards to the R33 becoming a Supra, that's driftbears you are talking about I'm sure, easy to see how you'd mix him and Gordy up, they are very similar in the looks department.

Really looking forward to this, will be great to meet some of the member's in person too [emoji106] will defo need to refurbish my wheels now, it's the only thing that really lets it down at the moment.

Craig glad you can make this, it's gonna be great to see another RSP on the trip. :)

Great! The two of you will need to get involved in the speed boat trip etc that we did last year. We try and get out the cars every now and again and it helps break up the driving :thumbs:

Sounds good, I like motor boating..!! Good to stretch the legs after a few miles hooning.

Great to hear you can attend Havard, it's going to be nice to meet you, and experience some of your humour in the flesh :D.

Last year we bumped into the Z4 owners club, you could tell those guys had a hoot by their body language and grinning faces.

:thumbs:

Thanks Sonny. After over 9 years of being on here, one of my regrets is not getting up to see the Scottish lot. Most of the friends we have made have been in the NW and we have some special relationships with members throughout England. The banter with the Scots has always been great and I am looking forward to meeting some people in particular.

With regard to the car. I know I keep papping on about this motor but I have been so shocked with the noise, handling and power delivery. Probably took me 6 months and about 3k miles to really know how to get the best out of her. High revs are the key but as an engineer I feel like I am abusing her, she does love it though. Got the dates in the diary now and just let me know when you want some cash.

H.

Hi Marcus, could you put me +1 on the resurve list, this looks fantastic, I was hoping over the past couple of years the club would do a trip up there, but it never got off the ground.

Thanks.

Bob.

Hi Bob, no problem, that's you on the reserve list as 1st reserve. I'd keep an eye out for this thread later on because it's not 100% that the 15 on the list will all make it ;)

Well you have to look at it from two points of view, not so rare because there will be two in attendance, but it's a rare sight to see two at all :).

Seeing any number of supras together should be a celebration though, so get ready for 400+ miles of celebrating :D

It was going to be an official list but it seems I am too late for that now :( but yes defo add me to the reserve list as I got good news from the garage, the problem is now fixed :D

Appologies Craig, from your post it didn't seem certain that you wanted your name down, what with you also meantioning that you may have problems attending.

That's you now on the reserve list and I'm sure if you keep a keen eye on the thread you might see a space pop up. (Perhaps click subscribe)

As I've said already, this trip is quite a long way away. By the time deposits are being taken people's circumstances may have changed :thumbs:

Appologies Craig, from your post it didn't seem certain that you wanted your name down, what with you also meantioning that you may have problems attending.

That's you now on the reserve list and I'm sure if you keep a keen eye on the thread you might see a space pop up. (Perhaps click subscribe)

As I've said already, this trip is quite a long way away. By the time deposits are being taken people's circumstances may have changed :thumbs:

No need to appologise I never made it clear. But all problems are solved now so I'm definitely up for it. I will keep and eye on the thread and hope a space pops up :p