The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Applecross 2016

Marcus GTE

Will get it sent over when details are up too mate :) What was the overnight situation again? I remember reading earlier in the thread about some staying together and some getting a room with there partners, I'd prefer a double room for it if that's an option? or is that finding accommodation ourselves?

There will be the option of huts, twin rooms and dorm accommodation.

Other accommodation is available in the vicinity but it will all be explained in the thread post mate very soon.

It's going to be an epic weekend again :)

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No problem Shawn, that is an option and we have booked the accommodation for you. You will be spending 2 nights in the Skyewalker hostel which is really cool. There are rooms we have arranged for couples at an extra cost (not much) but that will be explained soon :thumbs:

There will be the option of huts, twin rooms and dorm accommodation.

Other accommodation is available in the vicinity but it will all be explained in the thread post mate very soon.

It's going to be an epic weekend again :)

Awesome thankyou very much yeah I'm happy to pay abit extra for a double room :) il keep my eye out for the details thanks guys :) looking forward to it

Applecross Update

So guys we are closing in on 6 months to go for this years trip so it's time to update you all on the arrangements that have been made and ask for deposits to secure your space.

Like last year, this is a ticketed event with a maximum of 15 cars going.

+1's that have been estimated based on previous interest on the original list allowing us to cater for a maximum of 22 bodies.

DEPOSIT: deadline 25th March

Deposits are £70 for drivers and £60 for +1's and are available in the club shop. (LINK AVAILABLE SOON)

They double as a deposit holding your place and a basic accommodation package. This includes a bed in a communal dorm at the Skyewalker hostel, ferry and breakfast rolls sat/sun morning and a BBQ on sat night.

Everyone who is intending on coming needs to purchase this basic package/ deposit.

-------------------------

TRIP UPGRADES: to be purchased at a later date Once options are released in the shop.

You will be able to choose various further options from the club shop depending on your requirements.

Accommodation upgrades are designed for couples. They can be reserved before they are made available by telling us on this thread what upgrade you want.

2x Jedi Huts- £40 total for the 2 nights (sleeps 2)

3x Twin room with en suite- £20 total for the 2 nights (sleeps 2)

22x Boat trip £30 (per person)

Further information will be released soon with an itinerary for each day, as well as a separate trip FAQ thread.

Page 1 post #4 updated.

Edited by Marcus GTE (see edit history)

Sorry I think I read that the Jedi hut or Twin options are per couple per night? And that's how many are available in total to the group first come first served (2 and 3)

We would like to reserve

£130 me+1,

£40 Hut

£60 boat trip me+1

So £230 but this is covering only a deposit right? So how much more is it

How many nights in the hut are needed or are we moving to another location?

Edited by Spunkmeyer (see edit history)

Sorry I'm not following, £70+£60 deposit. Plus extras which j think I read as a Jedi hut or Twin. But the Jedi is 2nights and twin is 3nights? Or that's how many are available in total to the group first come first serve?

Example: £130 me+1, £40 Hut and £60 boat trip me+1

The Jedi/twin option covering 1 night I assume.

The way I read it is £230 total cost (we're in a similar position)

Your deposit to secure your stay is £130 for a couple. This includes the basic stay and your ferry transportation. If you want to add extras you can with the additional costs listed. They include £40 for the hut for 2 nights and £30 a skull for the boat trip..... £230 total.

It's listed a as a deposit but it's actually full payment :)

Just tried to make more sense of my question. But thanks for posting. Yeah fine with that if that's full payment. It's the for the 2nights per couple I couldn't be sure of but that's cool.

Reserve us a Jedi hut please

The 2x and 3x is the availability. Similar to the 22x boat trips ;)

Sorry I think I read that the Jedi hut or Twin options are per couple per night? And that's how many are available in total to the group first come first served (2 and 3)

We would like to reserve

£130 me+1,

£40 Hut

£60 boat trip me+1

How many nights in the hut are needed or are we moving to another location?

Hi mate, sorry I've edited it to try and make it clearer.

The £40 upgrade is all you need to pay to upgrade to a Jedi hut for the 2 nights :thumbs:

So you will be £130 in deposits and £230 total will be full price of your tickets. Just add fuel and part of your food and drink :)

Thanks. Will send deposit over next month as I've an MOT and a pile of parts to get fitted next week. Cheers

No problem :thumbs:

To be clear, we are only collecting deposits in FIRST (£130 for you ie £70 + £60)

There will be a SECOND collection for upgrades you can purchase at a later date.

So hopefully it will spread the costs a bit for you :)

If there are any twin en-suites left, we will have it.

I must have missed the bit about the boat trip. Will have a look back in the thread before making a decision.

H.

No problem Havard, I'll update the list for you :thumbs:

Apologies for the lack of info on the boat trip, there actually isn't very much about it on this years thread, so I'll provide some info.

The AquaXplore boat trip sets off from Elgol, on the south west corner of Skye, in the beutiful setting of the dramatic black Cullen mountains. This area was popular recently with where Bear Grills took Ben Stiller on his show and also where Danny Mcaskill made his famous "Ridge video"; in fact you would be setting foot on the same boat that the previously mentioned people used to get dropped off on :)

http://youtu.be/xQ_IQS3VKjAhttp://youtu.be/qrHGP_uKnGE

I and others counted this trip as one of the highlights of the trip last year so I would highly recommend it :)

The drive down there is worth it it's self and there is a chance of seeing dolphins and seals on the trip. It lasts 1h 30m and you are provided with waterproofs and life jacket.

As previously said, twin room en suite for Kirsteen & me, so is that £130 + £40 = £170 deposit and full payment?

Sadly no boat trip as Kirsteen gets seasick on small boats :( {And I'm too scared of her wrath to leave her behind!} :D

Graham, I had remembered you saying so reserved you a twin en suite already :)

Your deposit will be £70+£60= £130 and your twin room upgrade will be £20 in total (just taking the deposit first once we have the facility online)

That's a shame about the boat trip, but I guess it can't be helped. We will need to rendezvous with you after it.

There is plenty to do on Skye so I'm sure the two of you could plan a distraction for half the day. Let me know if you'd like some suggestions :thumbs: