The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Applecross 2016

Marcus GTE

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It does go up past Loch Lomond yeah.

Have you seen this event posted about in the past?

Here is the route from the first years thread. I don't think there are too many changes to the direct route to Applecross shown in it.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/dir/Xscape+Braehead,+Renfrew,+Renfrewshire+PA4+8XQ/Dumbarton,+West+Dunbartonshire,+UK/Fort+William,+Highland,+UK/Dornie,+Highland,+UK/Applecross,+Highland,+UK/@56.3175413,-5.0907137,8z/data=!4m17!4m16!1m2!1m1!1s0x48884f406bcbd799:0x6ceb2339991f5888!1m2!1m1!1s0x48884d562a7d8439:0x7f1b30b2e566de62!1m2!1m1!1s0x48893323371c031b:0xcda03ee308544821!1m2!1m1!1s0x488e9104cb15c853:0x2ac7726f0b88f476!1m2!1m1!1s0x488e810ba82c3f4d:0x9e1276b3016162ed!3e0

Our rendevouz point after leaving Glasgow is the green welly in tyndrum, not to far from the drovers inn where you are staying. I'd suggest meeting us there in the morning about 10am :thumbs:

image"]image[/url]

Edited by Marcus GTE (see edit history)

ATTENTION. PLEASE READ

At the moment of writing this there are only 4 spaces left.

ANY MEMBER WHO WISHES TO ATTEND THIS FOR THE FIRST TIME BUT FINDS NO SPACES LEFT, I WOULD BE WILLING TO GIVE MY VEHICLE PASS UP SO YOU CAN COME AND ENJOY AN AMAZING WEEKEND WITH AMAZING PEOPLE (except tony tt)

I would be happy enough to go as a passenger with other members, so as others can come and feast on the beauty of the Scottish Highlands.

Anybody wishing to take up my offer should PM me and we can talk it out.

Ross C

ATTENTION. PLEASE READ

At the moment of writing this there are only 4 spaces left.

ANY MEMBER WHO WISHES TO ATTEND THIS FOR THE FIRST TIME BUT FINDS NO SPACES LEFT, I WOULD BE WILLING TO GIVE MY VEHICLE PASS UP SO YOU CAN COME AND ENJOY AN AMAZING WEEKEND WITH AMAZING PEOPLE (except tony tt)

I would be happy enough to go as a passenger with other members, so as others can come and feast on the beauty of the Scottish Highlands.

Anybody wishing to take up my offer should PM me and we can talk it out.

Ross C

All I got from that was

You're a nob you're a nob you're a nob you're a nob you're a nob you're a nob you're a nob you're a nob.

Looking forward to it. Any chance the route takes us up the Loch Lomond road as we may stay Thursday night at the drovers inn

I can highly recommend The Drovers (we've even done a Supra run there in the past for lunch), its a cracking old pub and has great features, entertainment and food.... and rumour has it the building is haunted too! :thumbs:

I can highly recommend The Drovers (we've even done a Supra run there in the past for lunch), its a cracking old pub and has great features, entertainment and food.... and rumour has it the building is haunted too! :thumbs:

Only if you get a room in the main hotel though. There's new rooms been built across the road.

I would be tempted to mate lol but already put deposit down on venue, decor and food... missed this last year too. Oh well if its the same dates in 2017 guess i am spending my 1st anniversary in Scotland :)

That's unbelievable, it's like fate doesn't want you on this trip or something!

Sorry you're missing this again, but congratulations on the wedding and all the best for the big day! :)

Hi Craig, great to have you with us! :thumbs:

Where abouts are you in the highlands?

I'm from the Isle of Lewis, living in Stornoway, was gutted I missed last year, and will have my car full BPU by August! Can't wait [emoji106] really looking forward to it.

Is it a guy only thing or anyone taking partners/ girlfriends/ wife's etc?

I'm from the Isle of Lewis, living in Stornoway, was gutted I missed last year, and will have my car full BPU by August! Can't wait [emoji106] really looking forward to it.

Is it a guy only thing or anyone taking partners/ girlfriends/ wife's etc?

That's great Craig, glad you're making it next time :thumbs:

I've never been to Lewis or Harris but they are meant to be stunning. You'll know these roads well then no doubt ;)

There are now 3 couples signed up for the trip not including yourself so yeah the wife's are welcome. From what I hear, last years couples "keys in a bowl event" went well. Whatever that means! :p

My wife is coming, loves it and does a stint. This is her on DB15

[ATTACH]206577[/ATTACH]

That's quality :)

I've never been to Lewis or Harris but they are meant to be stunning. You'll know these roads well then no doubt ;)

Yes, some cracking roads throughout the Western Isles, a great route would be getting the ferry in Oban to South Uist then driving all the way up to the Port of Ness, right at the top of Lewis, no speed cameras up our way....not that I drive above the national speed limit at anytime though [emoji12][emoji106]

Yes, some cracking roads throughout the Western Isles, a great route would be getting the ferry in Oban to South Uist then driving all the way up to the Port of Ness, right at the top of Lewis, no speed cameras up our way....not that I drive above the national speed limit at anytime though [emoji12][emoji106]

I'll be racking your brains no doubt about this :thumbs:

I've heard the beaches are amoung the best in Europe

Edited by Marcus GTE (see edit history)

They are stunning, the beaches in Harris are spectacular [emoji106] if only the climate was just a little better! :-)

I've heard about Harris. That's the thing isn't it, it's pretty exposed, but on a good day these places must seem tropical.

So is everyone's last name Macleod up your way? (my surname)

I've heard about Harris. That's the thing isn't it, it's pretty exposed, but on a good day these places must seem tropical.

So is everyone's last name Macleod up your way? (my surname)

Haha, well...there's a few alright! If it's not Macleod then it's Macdonald or MacKenzie [emoji4]

Maybe something to think about for future trips....