The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Is it just me? The time of year?

Scott

One thing I would say though is that with the notable exception of Chris Wilson, none of the traders really seem to contribute to the forum any more, save to answer things directly concerning them.

True that J, although to be fair the thing is they are probably that busy by the nature of the sucess of their businesses and reputations, family commitments etc etc that browsing the forum will be quite difficult!

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know what you mean, but I don't think it would be unreasonable to expect them to make a brief contribution, even if only once a week or every couple of weeks. You can bet that if their businesses weren't doing so well, they'd have a higher post count that Graham1984 within a week :D

See I understand the "time of year" thinking and everything else, but if that was simply the case then I'd have one of these threads up each year. It seems very noticeably quiet to me right now, has been for the past month or 2.

I remember waking up in the morning when I'm backshift and having 3+ pages of stuff to go through most days. People going to work, having their coffee and popping on for a chat in numbers. It does seem to be uncharacteristically quiet, even for the time of year.

Maybe everyone arranged to go their hols at the same time? :D

I know what you mean, but I don't think it would be unreasonable to expect them to make a brief contribution, even if only once a week or every couple of weeks. You can bet that if their businesses weren't doing so well, they'd have a higher post count that Graham1984 within a week :D

Maybe Graham1984 could pimp himself out as a post monkey? :D

See I understand the "time of year" thinking and everything else, but if that was simply the case then I'd have one of these threads up each year. It seems very noticeably quiet to me right now, has been for the past month or 2.

I remember waking up in the morning when I'm backshift and having 3+ pages of stuff to go through most days. People going to work, having their coffee and popping on for a chat in numbers. It does seem to be uncharacteristically quiet, even for the time of year.

Maybe everyone arranged to go their hols at the same time? :D

No I totally agree. Certain sections of the forum only seem to have one or two new threads every few days. It's even noticeable to a relative newcomer like me.

With regards the fb group, a lot of sellers on there aren't on here so it's not always the case that business is going elsewhere. For what it's worth I've bought off the banned people on here, on there and have never had any trouble. But then I think that's a separate issue that has cropped up a few times already.

One thing I would say though is that with the notable exception of Chris Wilson, none of the traders really seem to contribute to the forum any more, save to answer things directly concerning them.

100% agree on this.

On a side note though I think the OP Scott is to blame too. It used to be Mallets Mallet and Movie review thread constantly in the settings tab. Movie review has been adsent for a while. :D

Scotts fault.

100% agree on this.

On a side note though I think the OP Scott is to blame too. It used to be Mallets Mallet and Movie review thread constantly in the settings tab. Movie review has been adsent for a while. :D

Scotts fault.

That was one of my favourite threads too.

Come on Scott watch some bloody movies will you.

100% agree on this.

Scotts fault.

If you buy Scott's 70 DVDs you can watch and review them all and get the movie review thread flying again ;-)

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=326254

:D

Race you :D

Aha I'm getting seriously annoyed with it. Dude is a great guy but I feel. If I keep phoning them I'm not helping. Last time I heard anything was nearly a month ago and that was the ecu isn't communicating to the motor and there sort it. And he's waiting on a email from syvecs :/

Any ways bk to the OP. I agree and lmao at the chat comments :p wait till I start giving it the large :D

To be fair though, you do see Lee P on here commeting on threads and answer questions :).

I haven't been on here very much recently, one of the reasons is that there are a number of people on here ready to jump on someone as soon as they want to do something a bit odd or weird with their Supra, I for one have had some odd comments on the gearbox conversion on my car admittedly not on the forum but from some forum members. Most of which have not got the point of why I am doing it but even so its a little disheartening.

Not only that, when you do update your project thread there is about as much enthusiasm in the forum as a depressed atheist being asked to attend church. OK you get the usual's that will always say "awesome well done" blah blah even on projects which are not really their thing and that's great :) yet it seems the newbies just join but don't contribute to anything.

I for one wanted to keep my project thread going but tbh, whats the point if no one shows any enthusiasm for it, I mean why go through all that time posting up pictures, writing up what you have done etc only for a tumbleweed response..

Lastly, if I am being truthful here I started to come on the forum less, the more people were talking and trying to persuade other members to change their cars to the dreaded GTR. Now I don't have anything against the GTR. But to come on the forum after buying one and then basically telling people to save their money and buy a GTR instead of what they have.. why were these people allowed to do this? I belong to other dedicated forums for the other cars I have at my home and I have seen people banned on the spot for saying those sorts of things why was it tolerated on this forum? Yes I understand its a car forum but its a dedicated car forum. Also when you challenge these people they pull out the big guns and start slating the Supra because its an old car.. or come out with comments like "have you actually driven one", its all very defensive. Since then the forum has felt more like a slanging match rather than a community, not to mention as before the traders have become a lot more reactive than proactive...

The future, well the forum will get smaller, it will, there will be less people on here as more Supra's get put on the scrapheap, if however we can get rid of some of the stupid attitudes and show interest in peoples cars/projects etc and let it become a community again then that while the numbers will decline we will still have an owners club.. not something like a Civic forum...

Fantastic post Manwithsupra.

Absolutely agree 100%. Project threads have now become more like diaries for the thread starters rather than actual project discussion threads. I've even stopped updating mine recently.

Some of the traders to be honest may as well not even bother.