The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Is it just me? The time of year?

Scott

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Be gone heathen!!!!!!

I have been gone but came back for a bit of posting ping pong. See, we are beginning to breathe some life into the place.

To be fair, the Z4 forum is not as good as here imo. I am not sure if it because I only have a few hundred posts or it's just a typical forum but there just seems to be a select group who have had their cars for a long time.

They are friendly enough but here isn't any real banter, falling out or plain gossip. They are very helpful with technical issues so maybe I am being a little harsh. Especially coming from here and spending so long with Supes.

H.

I have been gone but came back for a bit of posting ping pong. See, we are beginning to breathe some life into the place.

To be fair, the Z4 forum is not as good as here imo. I am not sure if it because I only have a few hundred posts or it's just a typical forum but there just seems to be a select group who have had their cars for a long time.

They are friendly enough but here isn't any real banter, falling out or plain gossip. They are very helpful with technical issues so maybe I am being a little harsh. Especially coming from here and spending so long with Supes.

H.

See this forum is the perfect all rounder for having great people on here to share some laughs with and for those such as Chris Wilson who pops up everywhere to answer any technical questions.

Scott himself has helped me out to no end with several things too so thank you to him.

Personally I'm fairly happy with the way the Scottish owners are at the time being. Applecross Invasion 2015 was insane and we were missing some awesome people in L18msy , Tonytt, Ian W and Geo.

Bit I was there which was why everything was so awesome. You know, because I am awesome

Yeah, but that's on Facebook. I like to come on here to get away from FB. :D

This is what I'm referring to: http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=266358. If you keep scrolling down you will see a post with a 'Thanks' on it.

You can like and thank members on their posts. Each 'like' or 'thanks' tallies up on your profile. :)

Yeah that's just a rep system isn't it? Used on loads of other forums. Can be useful not sure if it'd get more people posting though.

Yeah, but that's on Facebook. I like to come on here to get away from FB. :D

This is what I'm referring to: http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=266358. If you keep scrolling down you will see a post with a 'Thanks' on it.

You can like and thank members on their posts. Each 'like' or 'thanks' tallies up on your profile. :)

Ahh with you now. It might be worth a shot :)

Yeah that's just a rep system isn't it? Used on loads of other forums. Can be useful not sure if it'd get more people posting though.

It can be seen as a rep system but it doesn't need to work like that. It could be more of an acknowledgement system, that way people would know their posts were being seen/appreciated :D

I don't do FB either but it is this forum that has changed over the last couple of years. It used to be a hoot and I was glued to it, almost obsessed. These days, I am a little bit meh..!!

I'm totally the same. Most of my posts are serious now as there's nothing to bounce off of :(

Yeah I know what you mean. For me personally though I think actual interaction with the thread is more important.

Interaction and contribution is always no.1 but it's just not happening. This could be a second best alternative.

Ahh with you now. It might be worth a shot :)

It can be seen as a rep system but it doesn't need to work like that. It could be more of an acknowledgement system, that way people would know their posts were being seen/appreciated :D

Exactly this! :)

Yeah I know what you mean. For me personally though I think actual interaction with the thread is more important.

I guess we can't force people to post, but it would serve as some form of interaction for the OP. You never know... not before long some members might start getting lots of likes and then some of the fanboys will start commenting on their threads too! :D

The problem with the build threads (mainly Scott's) is that it will never end so people get bored :D

Also, this place needs the odd dickhead, fake profile or Roger NE if you will to liven things up once in a while. I miss seeing peoples bubbles being popped by H and the gang with a massive virtual needle.... who would of thought telling people their crap boot installs, or Sunday evening tennis innuendos could be so fun.

The problem with the build threads (mainly Scott's) is that it will never end so people get bored :D

Also, this place needs the odd dickhead, fake profile or Roger NE if you will to liven things up once in a while. I miss seeing peoples bubbles being popped by H and the gang with a massive virtual needle.... who would of thought telling people their crap boot installs, or Sunday evening tennis innuendos could be so fun.

Damn you Roger, damn you..!!

H.

Another thing why people dont update build threads so much is over the years cameras have got so good even ones on your phone, take pictures that are too large to upload , I know its the case with me

I made a suggestion a while back for the server to automatically re-size the pictures. It would mean that you could upload any size picture and it would resize it to the forum default, thus saving not only storage space but also bandwidth.

I believe if that was put into practice that people would be more likely to upload pictures directly to the server and pictures in threads wouldn't end up lost to the oblivion.

This is the only forum I'm a member of where I'm required to manually re-size my pictures before upload. Nothing ever came of it though, much like allowing the youtube fullscreen button.

Jesus, he just went up in my estimations! Quite a feat that one.

We was on about £60K and paying a fiver a week. Cheating the CSA is one thing, cheating your own kids is another.

Roger was the kind of guy who would wait for a penny change from something that was £10,999.99 and probably moan about the bald kids jumping the queues at Disneyland.

H.