The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Big Supes's UK MKIV Will Meet The FT-1!!

Big Supes

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Toyota did look at buying one a while back, but they couldn't justify the budget for a CLEAN UK spec... especially when they have owners willing to loan theirs for shows.

Biggest car company in the world can't afford a used Supra. LOL - having said that, I think its good they ask the community, as it gives us things like this to chat about and get involved in.

Great pics by the way :) :thumbs:

Edited by Bobbeh (see edit history)

Biggest car company in the world can't afford a used Supra. LOL - having said that, I think its good they ask the community, as it gives us things like this to chat about and get involved in.

Great pics by the way :) :thumbs:

Yeah, budgets for divisions of a company 'n all that I'd imagine. Thanks matey. :)

Your Supra looks great ! nice thing to have done thats for sure

Thanks buddy. It's definitely a nice little bit of history for the car. :thumbs:

Cheers bignum! It was a massive privilege. I'm a bit undecided about the FT-1. It's nice, but only as a concept car. I wonder how the adaptation will go for the production car. Maybe it'll look more like the MKIV. Probably not, but I hope they tone down the 'drawn with a ruler' look it, and every other modern car, has.

Agreed on silver. It's a great colour for any car.

Some awesome pictures there. Shame about the pillar in the way! The ft1 is growing on me but needs a few features changing. Longer rear lights, with the 4 rings inside. Even if it's still angular if inside the light has the 3 circles it'll look better and be more of a nod and the dash has to be more angled towards the driver. A few subtle changes like that and it would be a winner for sure.

You've done a great job on the car btw! Looks amazing. Does the supra proud :)

I like the FT-1 externally, but cant say I'm a fan of the FT-1 interior - who in their right minds thought that looks nice?

Concept car interiors almost always look OTT, and they never make production. *IF* the FT-1 ever makes production, The interior and the front of the car will be toned down.

Some awesome pictures there. Shame about the pillar in the way! The ft1 is growing on me but needs a few features changing. Longer rear lights, with the 4 rings inside. Even if it's still angular if inside the light has the 3 circles it'll look better and be more of a nod and the dash has to be more angled towards the driver. A few subtle changes like that and it would be a winner for sure.

Agreed on the FT-1 buddy. TBH, I couldn't really complain about anything regarding the stand. The pillar wasn't really an issue when you were stood in front of the cars. :)

You've done a great job on the car btw! Looks amazing. Does the supra proud :)

Glad you think so mate! :)

What a great thing to get asked to do, Supra looks incredible, well done. Out of interest, do you know how many UK cars came with black interior? I'm guessing that's pretty rare.

Silver UK cars came with the black interior.

It's working for me.

Congratulations again.

Sweet. Seems to be a bit hit 'n miss for me.

Thanks dude. :thumbs:

Just keeps getting better! :)

It sure does! :)

Saw this at Goodwood, looked in great condition and made a nice addition along side the FT-1

Thanks Pilchard. Goodwood was awesome this year... the year of the Supra! :D

What a great thing to get asked to do, Supra looks incredible, well done. Out of interest, do you know how many UK cars came with black interior? I'm guessing that's pretty rare.

TBH, I hadn't a clue until I saw Burna's post. The black leather was another selling point when I saw the car. I've never been a fan of the cream, but each to their own. I certainly wouldn't be put off the 'right' car by it.

Link doesn't work for me :/

I'm guessing since Toyota themselves wanted a supra to accompany the FT-1, it would mean that the FT-1 is indeed the new supra?

Link works when it feels like it at my end.

Massive hints at the FT-1 being the next Supra. Parts of the interview must have been cut out as some of the questions were a bit too revealing. ;)