The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Big Supes's UK MKIV Will Meet The FT-1!!

Big Supes

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well... a pair of rear upper arms would be nice. :D

In all honesty, I don't think they could warrant the purchase of a mint UK car when owners around the country would be willing to loan theirs. They are going to lend me a GT86 for a week while my car is on the stand. That along with free tickets to Goodwood for Sabrina and myself, plus the opportunity to have my car featured in the dawn of a new era for "Supra", its more than enough for me. :)

What an excellent opportunity and as mentioned, the photos will be epic!

Don't think there's many other stock looking UK spec TT's around as nice as yours mate, well done on securing a once in a lifetime opportunity! :thumbs:

Thanks Bobbeh. That's great coming from a veteran UK owner like yourself. I remember admiring your car around 10 years ago when I had my first SZ-R, thinking how I'd love to get my hands on a UK car. :)

Thanks bud! [emoji106] hope it works out well for you!

Didn't realise it was silver too! #represent

:)

I think the colour is backed by how many were made by Toyota. They knew it was a seller. Silver FTW, but I still love so many other colours. :thumbs:

Thanks bud! [emoji106] hope it works out well for you!

Thanks mate.

A once in a lifetime opportunity. Congratulations you can't get a better endorsement of your car than this.

Thanks Eddie. It will certainly help when trying to justify the budget for upgrades, etc. :D

That is such an opportunity. Congratulations.

Thanks! Welcome to the forum. :)

• 2 weeks later...

So, Toyota collected the Supra today...

I didn't finish prepping the car until 10:30 last night, but we got there in the end.

Brake calipers refurbed (superficially).

New arch liner fitted - It had seen better days after being taken off and fitted numerous times.

Wheels refurbished.

While I was there I couldn't help but go over the underside with some hammerite. I'm a little OTT when it comes to preservation/rust.

Valet and general spruce.

The original plan was to refit the UK rear lights, but Toyota weren't adamant about it so I left the facelifts in. It isn't a straight forward job as the lights are spliced into the reversing sensors.

No GT86's were available, but they left this for my troubles. :)

Lexus 450 F Sport (hybrid)

I have to say, it's a dream to drive. Reasonably quick and A LOT of comfort.

Edited by Big Supes
Double post (see edit history)

So, Toyota collected the Supra today...

http://i.imgur.com/WqBK9ws.jpg

I didn't finish prepping the car until 10:30 last night, but we got there in the end.

Brake calipers refurbed (superficially).

New arch liner fitted - It had seen better days after being taken off and fitted numerous times.

Wheels refurbished.

While I was there I couldn't help but go over the underside with some hammerite. I'm a little OTT when it comes to preservation/rust.

Valet and general spruce.

The original plan was to refit the UK rear lights, but Toyota weren't adamant about it so I left the facelifts in. It isn't a straight forward job as the lights are spliced into the reversing sensors.

http://i.imgur.com/WqBK9ws.jpg

No GT86's were available, but they left this for my troubles. :)

http://i.imgur.com/nY0x8P7.jpg

Lexus 450 F Sport (hybrid)

I have to say, it's a dream to drive. Reasonably quick and A LOT of comfort.

Fantastic!

Can't wait for more pics and updates. Really cool :)

Acrylic painting of the Big Supesmobile too?

http://blog.toyota.co.uk/artist-paints-ft1

That would be awesome, but I can't see it happening. Worth asking though! :)

Just thought of this, back when Toyota displayed the MKIV Supra on stands at motor shows in the UK in or around '94/'95 it was a silver UK Spec that they used.

So it's quite fitting to me that it's another Silver Supra on show once again.

The chap at Toyota actually mentioned about silver working well for what they wanted. :thumbs: