Dragonball 2015 - Rotterdamned Again - 15th May to 17th May 2015 - Chat Thread

Branners

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have but all the info is from 2012/13 which doesn't help me with current models. And none of the spec sheats list anything with itn files. And the halfords site doesn't mention specific model numbers or what I'm buying.

People seem to say the xxl does it. But again. That's info from 2 years ago

Edited by Guigsy (see edit history)

I have but all the info is from 2012/13 which doesn't help me with current models. And none of the spec sheats list anything with itn files. And the halfords site doesn't mention specific model numbers or what I'm buying.

People seem to say the xxl does it. But again. That's info from 2 years ago

XXL can still be bought on ebay for £80

Branners - any clues on what new satnavs accept the route files. I know some older ones do. Mine doesn't and it's a tomtom that's a few years old so I'm thinking about getting a new one if I can get one that will take them

This is the one most of us have, the newer ones don't have ITN Files

http://www.halfords.com/technology/sat-nav/car-sat-nav/tomtom-xxl-western-europe-classic-sat-nav-uk-roi-we

I would assume that NO current range TomTOms will take the ITN files.

I complained to them and they basically said tough and sod off!

So for dbv2 I will be getting a garmin and building for those as they support route files properly.

If you want one that will definitely work get the TomTom XXL Euro maps. £80 or less and includes the first map update free which is usually £49.

When we get the ITN files will be also get satnav Co-ordinates for the stops and the hotel? Ive just looked at my sat Nav and it doesn't support ITN files :(

all the routes will be in the welcome pack

I'll be converting the itn to itf so that I can load on to my satnav on my phone. When will the routes be ready JB? Could use a day or two to make sure they're working ok. Cheers

with luck later tonight

A word of warning with the sat nav routes, make sure your maps are up to date. My Garmin with maps from 2012 didn't have some of the roads we will be travelling on.

We end up on different routes to other groups anyway....Dont we Scott 😄

This is the one most of us have, the newer ones don't have ITN Files

http://www.halfords.com/technology/sat-nav/car-sat-nav/tomtom-xxl-western-europe-classic-sat-nav-uk-roi-we

thats the one i was looking at. cheers :) Unfortunately its not available anywhere near me. ill see whats on amazon :)

The more i read the more i get confused about bloody tomtom. advice on the forum says avoid anything with a model number ending in 2 if you want itn files. which the XXL i can find on amazon seems to have, So im not confident to blow 80 quid on one.

So i think im just going to go for a garmin. there website, which is a million times more helpful than the crappy tomtom one says that "The nuvi, LIVE, zumo, Camper/RV, and dezl products have the ability to load GPX files to add more waypoints, tracks and routes."

So i think a nuvi 56LM 5" should do me fine.

Edited by Guigsy (see edit history)

I have spent another day today working on the Supra, finally have all the mechanical stuff done and the Engine Bay and Interior is clean, just do the exterior on Wednesday now

Jen has been a real Supra Widow these last few months, I have literally spent every spare hour working on Supra related stuff since beginning of February

Guess I should take her on holiday, o wait a minute lol

They look like awesome routes. Appreciate the effort gone too. Ive programmed all the stops into my tom-tom so ready to go. Is it Thursday yet??

Did you notice the meeting point just before the 4km tunnel on Friday route 1?