The mkiv Supra Owners Club

MKIV Supra owners do JAE... chat thread

Dreamscape36

Sorry for the thread hijack Chris, but didn't think you'd mind!

So, working on the assumption that we'll get enough people to do this, chat thread for JAE (I like to be positive after all!). Eventually I'll do an FAQ, but for now to confirm a few things...

The event itself is being held 4th-7th September at Wicksteed Park in Northamptonshire. If you’re unsure how to get there, more information is available on their website here:

http://www.wicksteedpark.co.uk/

Although event opening time is some time on the Thursday afternoon, It'd be easier if people could hold off until after 6pm. We’ll need time to get everything tidy, and it’s much easier and safer this way.

There will be a big barbeque, and the club will supply food and drink for the weekend. In terms of alcohol there will be some kind of beer, some kind of cider, and some kind of wine. Various soft drinks etc too. If you want to bring anything more personal please feel free. The BBQ will be going at various points over the weekend, and we're also having cooked meals on the Friday and Saturday night.

There are event rules about separation between tents and cars, and barbequeus, so it's much safer and easier this way.

If you want any more general event info, the actual JAE website itself is very good, and can be found here:

http://www.japcarclub.com/

Shower and toilet facilities at the venue are very good, but note that towels and toiletries are not being provided by the club!

There are a few bits and pieces you’ll need to bring with you as follows:

-Tent/sleeping gear

-Chair

- Bowl/Plate

- Knife/Fork/Spoon

- Mug

- Something to keep you warm at night (trust me, it's going to be cold at night!!)

I'm gonna close the thread Chris started, so feel free to ask questions in this one, or just generally take the p*** out of anyone who overdid the jager last year ;)

Adi (letmeshowyou)

Message originally posted by Dreamscape36 on 01-06-14 at 10:53:

Hi All,

Is there a thread for JAE 2014 as I cannot find it anywhere. Also on the JAE website the MKIVSupra.net is not listed on any stand yet, are we not attending this event this year?

Thanks

Chris

Edited by letmeshowyou (see edit history)

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic