Forum Issues

Branners

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't panic chaps.

The domain went on hold as they didn't like the name against the record. They sent through an email which was so badly written that I took it at first to be spam.

I then checked with Mawbs and he had sent a copy to me a few weeks before but used an old email address so I never saw it.

So by the time I got round to printing it out and getting it ready to fax out to their Switzerland office (yes, really, a fax to switzerland) they had decided to put the domain on hold.

Now they are being slow in responding to us or our hosts and so we cannot get the hold taken off until they decide it's the right time to do so.

The domain went on hold as they didn't like the name against the record. They sent through an email which was so badly written that I took it at first to be spam..

A lesson to everyone with a domain name to check their registered details.

ICANN have put new rules in places whereby the contact details must be genuine and verified. I can only assume it's reinforcing the monitoring and legal frameworks of the Internet so they can hold people responsible for their domain usage.

When you register a domain now (.com/.net/.org for example) you have to acknowledge an email sent to the registered address. If you don't, your domain gets cancelled.

They're going through all the domains on the internet and suspending any that look like they're not owned by a company or real persons name.

As a reseller they got us to put educational links on our website to explain the change.

mkivsupra.net was registered as "Systems Administrator" I think?

This also backs up why the mods have to be careful and censor litigious material.

"Free speech" is a myth.

They're going through all the domains on the internet and suspending any that look like they're not owned by a company or real persons name.

Unfortunately we got stuck in a catch-22. JB signed all the paperwork to prove he is real. They didn't accept it because of a discrepancy on the domain and told us to update the domain. Fair enough, we ask for it to be updated. It can't, because the domain is on hold. Urmm... right, well take it off hold. We can't, not until we've received the signed paper from JB that matches the domain... :blink:

I think JB had to provide a Hovis shot before they'd finally try and help us resolve the problem!

Needless to say I'll be making sure all the other domains are correct now, and I'll be looking to move from joker who appear to live up to their name where customer support is concerned.