• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

God dam bpu nike trainers I need to do a single convo on them lol

- - - Updated - - -

I take it if I get this deliverd dude it will be in the box when I sign for it lol hehehejenehejejehe

Dont be silly BUT you must open the bonnet and check the motor is there before you sign!! But I will include 2 books Janet and John book 1 and My mums first punctuation book !!!:taped:

i sometimes carnt see why these cars are dropping, i mean its crazy really, they are mega popular, there is no current new supra, theres only the gtr to compare with and yet gtrs are like £10,000+ WTF i dont understand, i think the supra should be a £10k car auto or not, the honda nsx is going up in value it seems to me, be hard to get one of those for less than £25k now, 5 years ago you could pick errm up for around 18-20k the supra is one underrated-under priced beast if you ask me WTF :complain: surely the mkiv will start to rise in value at some point, nice examples of course

I've seen some white TT autos of for sale recently for 4-4.5k which is a bit sad to see the prices dropping. Guess its all condition based.

What's the history like on the car? This is a major one IMO.

It was made by Toyota !!! Thats it, how do you work out history is so important when 90% of cars are imports with unknown history before they hit our shores? Its a £4500 175 mph car as far as I can see seems a bargain to me Im just hoping he breaks it as I have 3 people will pay good money for the TT conversion, 2 in Portugal and 1 in spain and both to go in BMW's

It was made by Toyota !!! Thats it, how do you work out history is so important when 90% of cars are imports with unknown history before they hit our shores? Its a £4500 175 mph car as far as I can see seems a bargain to me Im just hoping he breaks it as I have 3 people will pay good money for the TT conversion, 2 in Portugal and 1 in spain and both to go in BMW's

My NA came with full history from factory. Including Japanese servicing. It was taken care of and as a result was one of the most reliable, cleanest cars I've ever owned.

If it's going for around 4k then fair enough but if its in the 6k+ territory then it needs that history IMO. also when you say no history when it hits our shores? Is this a fresh import then?! ;) .....you know what I meant :D

Anyway GLWS to the seller :)

My NA came with full history from factory. Including Japanese servicing. It was taken care of and as a result was one of the most reliable, cleanest cars I've ever owned.

If it's going for around 4k then fair enough but if its in the 6k+ territory then it needs that history IMO. also when you say no history when it hits our shores? Is this a fresh import then?! ;) .....you know what I meant :D

Anyway GLWS to the seller :)

Low miles 6 speed VVTI yeah I see the point but this is lemonade motoring !!!! The sad thing is the REAL value ie what he could get by the weekend is prob around 2K, try and sell one to a car dealer etc or stick it an auction and see what you get, I can see it being £4500 and fortunately we know they are pretty much bulletproof and the major issue on an otherwise OK on the face of it car (2nd turbo falling off can happen at any time)

Low miles 6 speed VVTI yeah I see the point but this is lemonade motoring !!!! The sad thing is the REAL value ie what he could get by the weekend is prob around 2K, try and sell one to a car dealer etc or stick it an auction and see what you get, I can see it being £4500 and fortunately we know they are pretty much bulletproof and the major issue on an otherwise OK on the face of it car (2nd turbo falling off can happen at any time)

Well IMO its important on any car but it is a massive shame supras haven't really held their value.

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?296652-1994-Silver-Jap-spec-BPU-TT-auto-%A32950

Sold, but a sensible price for a high mileage or tired example.

I think the fact its in Guernsey or the outer hebrides makes a massive difference, its not like you can pop in the car and go look, theres a £1000 woth of agro just to look/drive/buy and get home and I dont know if that would even inc flights !!!

I think the fact its in Guernsey or the outer hebrides makes a massive difference, its not like you can pop in the car and go look, theres a £1000 woth of agro just to look/drive/buy and get home and I dont know if that would even inc flights !!!

The car was available to view at CW's place in Shropshire iirc

I would finish this thread and start a new one, once the tidying up of the car is ready Dude, I'm sure it should get the price he is looking for, if he can hold out

Edited by SPG (see edit history)

I've seen some white TT autos of for sale recently for 4-4.5k which is a bit sad to see the prices dropping. Guess its all condition based.

What's the history like on the car? This is a major one IMO.

Guy I work with recently bought a lovely E Class merc, older model 03 but had full service history and a low mileage. Did his HPI came back clean and had no reason to question the history provided. Fast forward a few months, just taken it for an MOT and guess what...despite having a pile of receipts and main dealer service history the MOT station pointed out that although it shows just under 60k at the moment, the last MOT had been falsified and it has done in excess of 200k! The seller has obviously vanished and some research has proven that the service history is pure fiction. As it happens it's a nice car and doesn't show any signs of the mileage it's covered, but shows why service history is not always worth a lot imo. Yeah with hindsight he could have done more to check things out but the point is it all looked good at the time. Also now with the new style MOTs, its so easy to falsify data.

Personally, I would rather have a good look over a car first and satisfy myself that it was what it seemed than to rely on service history. Not saying its always rubbish, but how can you really rely on it? A few years ago my ex's car had missed its first and in my opinion it's most important service. She knew the bird at the main dealer and the book came back stamped up after she took it in for its second service.

I reckon £4.5K Dude, and shame it's silver. As someone already mentioned, they seem to be less popular

The car was available to view at CW's place in Shropshire iirc

I would finish this thread and start a new one, once the tidying up of the car is ready Dude, I'm sure it should get the price he is looking for, if he can hold out

Inc shropshire in the above statement as well !!! Only 5% of homes there have electric and running water !!!! Theres even Emus running wild

i sometimes carnt see why these cars are dropping, i mean its crazy really, they are mega popular, there is no current new supra, theres only the gtr to compare with and yet gtrs are like £10,000+ WTF i dont understand, i think the supra should be a £10k car auto or not, the honda nsx is going up in value it seems to me, be hard to get one of those for less than £25k now, 5 years ago you could pick errm up for around 18-20k the supra is one underrated-under priced beast if you ask me WTF :complain: surely the mkiv will start to rise in value at some point, nice examples of course

I think ours will hold their value, being aero and gz.

Dare I say it, maybe with PW passing, prices may go up?

I think ours will hold their value, being aero and gz.

Dare I say it, maybe with PW passing, prices may go up?

Oh, for heaven's sake.... Outside a relatively small clan of be-jeaned and trainered American car movie fans he was virtually unknown, he wasn't Da Vinci, or Rembrandt, and his passing is highly unlikely to change the value of an elderly mass produced Toyota Sports GT :)

In fairness he appears to have achieved more column inches in here than Mandella, or Lady Thatcher, which some may find illuminating.