• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Liking that :thumbs:

;)

I've just orded a set of 5.8ghz polorized circular clover leaf antennas.

So in a nut shell this will allow me to fly up to 1mile away from my ground station! :O

So for anybody that lives within 1 mile radious of me, Keep your curtains closed! :p

Lol

Just watched a few videos and I see some of them have a "return to home" gps feature that looks very handy for flying long distance.

Yeah "fail safe". I'm trying to find out how to fit that to mine but it looks like I might need to change the flight controller to do that. I've seen a few ifly4 copters with fail safe gps so I'm just trying to find out how to do it at the moment.

Its a very good thing to have as for example if I'm flying quite far away with my go-pro recording and my battery dies on my ground station or a loose signal to the video feed, at a flick of a switch it will fly home. With out it I run the chance of loosing £800 worth of equipment!

• 2 months later...

I got a DJI Phantom for xmas and its amazingly stable. Ive got an original GoPro attached to it at the moment but want to go FPV.

What type of kit did you buy for FPV flight and would you recommend it? I was thinking of getting the Hero3 with video output so the camera isnt dedicated to just flying, I would also like to use an Oculus Rift for the goggles for the same reason. Is the video TX/RX independent of the screen / goggles and camera?