The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Quadcopter photography

FOSTA

That does look good.

I was chatting to someone yesterday and we wondering if you could make a business using drones. Doors anyone here use them commercially?

Not on Phantoms tho - look at this like that - Phantoms are Macbooks of quadcopter world - nice package all in, good quality, but not good enough to use in pro world :) You need to fork 3k+ for good setup with proper camera. If you are into filming, it usually takes 2 people to run the show - one flies, another shoots.

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 year later...
my cousin has just bought one, the footage was amazing I was driving his R8 around 100mph with it hovering about 10ft in the air as I went through it, even though the air turbulence rocked the unit the gyro kept the camera completely still. These are proper boys toys :cool:

http://i905.photobucket.com/albums/ac253/johndoodeshnd-mkiv/1491659_10155122913730608_2176731200909778150_n_zpsxqjobjvx.jpg

have you got the footage of this?

Im looking at getting a phantom 3 professional end of this year or start of next or when the car is finished :p

I know there are people using phantoms how do you rate them? How do you feel when you get them out and take them flying to people stand and look at you funny? I've always found people weirded out when your filming things, its starting to bother me less and less now but just wondered how others felt.

have you got the footage of this?

Im looking at getting a phantom 3 professional end of this year or start of next or when the car is finished :p

I know there are people using phantoms how do you rate them? How do you feel when you get them out and take them flying to people stand and look at you funny? I've always found people weirded out when your filming things, its starting to bother me less and less now but just wondered how others felt.

I have the P3A and it's amazing.

Out of curiosity why do you want the pro?

Flying it is great, the safety features are awesome.

Handles well, flys perfect never really had an issue.

I've only had a few people give me funny looks but that's about it

I have the P3A and it's amazing.

Out of curiosity why do you want the pro?

Flying it is great, the safety features are awesome.

Handles well, flys perfect never really had an issue.

I've only had a few people give me funny looks but that's about it

For the 4k camera that's the only difference. And 60fps HD recording.

For the 4k camera that's the only difference. And 60fps HD recording.

What I can gather, if you're not a professional photographer with the ability to view 4K photos, you won't actually notice the difference.

Here some of my unedited pictures with the advanced

[ATTACH]213076[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]213077[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]213078[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]213079[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]213080[/ATTACH]

Any 3DR solo owners? I bought one last year and haven't had a chance to use it properly yet. But will do so soon, seems to be a great bit of kit.

I just fitted a gimbal and LED lights.

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/attachment.php?attachmentid=213071&stc=1&d=1467411801

Youll have to let us know how it is, this is the one i'd buy if i ended up getting one. The tracking and pre-flight maneuver features are great.

What I can gather, if you're not a professional photographer with the ability to view 4K photos, you won't actually notice the difference.

Here some of my unedited pictures with the advanced

[ATTACH]213076[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]213077[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]213078[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]213079[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]213080[/ATTACH]

Camera in 4k is for the video photography ☺ but I'm still split on the 2 but in all honesty the difference in price now is small