The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Quadcopter photography

FOSTA

Been flying for years have the whole lot 5 jet turbines loads of high performance gliders 15 heli's & about 40 planes & all the DJI phantom collection just love them all mate house looks like heathrow airport fpv is really easy much preference fvp quads to planes & can go anywhere with these worth minimal space to land compared to planes where you need landing space

Maybe your challenge should be how many can you keep in the air at the same time? ;)

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Been flying for years have the whole lot 5 jet turbines loads of high performance gliders 15 heli's & about 40 planes & all the DJI phantom collection just love them all mate house looks like heathrow airport fpv is really easy much preference fvp quads to planes & can go anywhere with these worth minimal space to land compared to planes where you need landing space

Sweet dude, any advice for a first time FPV'er? lol

Here's a quick flight demo of mine on a really windy day!

That looks really stable especially in those winds, does it use gps to hold the position?

I flew mine at the weekend as well but crashed it into a tree, managed to get it down and put it away until I can practise a bit more.

Does anyone use the home lock facility on the dji? I wonder whether it would be easier to control.

Yeah that was GPS lock I was demonstrating there. The video was for someone who was going to buy it from me but never showed up... The usual Gumtree! It runs on a 4s 3350mah giving about 18 mins on a good day and around 12 on a really windy day. Did you have a camera onboard when you crashed? I'd recommend spending more time on a sim during the bad weather than actual flying, may be boring but it will cost you less and most likely keep your interest as you will be a much better pilot at the other end.

Took my quadcopter out today for my first FPV flight, I was abit nervous at first but I soon relized I needed to fully commit to the screen if I didn't want to crash!

After a few minutes I felt really confident and had an awswsome flight! I felt like I had a lot more control using FPV then I do without! I even managed to land perfectly!

Batteries are now on charge and can't wait for my next flight! :D

Took my quadcopter out today for my first FPV flight, I was abit nervous at first but I soon relized I needed to fully commit to the screen if I didn't want to crash!

After a few minutes I felt really confident and had an awswsome flight! I felt like I had a lot more control using FPV then I do without! I even managed to land perfectly!

Batteries are now on charge and can't wait for my next flight! :D

Fvp is great fun & very addictive was out with mine yesterday if I get chance will update vid later

Well I have a mini quadcopter and I'm addicted to that and was going to get the FPV version of that one, but seeing these and the footage, I'm contemplating it.

Going to bring one of mine on the dragonball to grab some nice shots should be fun

Yes it is al mate flown fpv just on my basic phantom V1.1.1 with immersion Rc VTX gopro hero 2 & fatshark Dominator goggles & it's in st ives

Like the bit of "sheep herding" you did lol, you'd get some awesome car shots alright. Imagine going up/down a pass in the alps with someone filming from one of those. Top Gear wouldn't get a look in (what with it being a car you actually loved ha).