The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Quadcopter photography

FOSTA

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got a DJI Phantom for xmas and its amazingly stable. Ive got an original GoPro attached to it at the moment but want to go FPV.

What type of kit did you buy for FPV flight and would you recommend it? I was thinking of getting the Hero3 with video output so the camera isnt dedicated to just flying, I would also like to use an Oculus Rift for the goggles for the same reason. Is the video TX/RX independent of the screen / goggles and camera?

You will need fatshark googles & immersion 250 mw vtx for basic set up

You will need fatshark googles & immersion 250 mw vtx for basic set up

Thanks for this, I will look into the kit. Can the receiver plug into a laptop to display the video?

Also are those home made cases you are using? It would nice to be get somewhere to hold it all.

I'm jealous of the fact you have all 3 Phantoms ;)

Hi buddy, I fly these for a living. Good to see others getting involved! I have one of mine for sale in my sig below :)

Thats the kind of job I could do with! I take it you make films of some kind, I can see the use of drones for filming being very big in the near future.

Al Massey you need to register on LinkedIn! You will get a lot of notifications of jobs that are going! Did you speak to Steve on here (moderator) he was looking for someone.

I'm on LinkedIn but find it weird on my iPad so not sure I've set it up properly

Was he? For what?

Al Massey you need to register on LinkedIn! You will get a lot of notifications of jobs that are going! Did you speak to Steve on here (moderator) he was looking for someone.

I think you would need to give out a job title or company otherwise I wouldnt have a clue what to search for on linkedin!!

Ok guys I'm ready for my first FPV flight! :)

I've had to get a second camera for FPV and mount it off the gimbal and keep the go-pro for recording and pictures only.

Here is how the set up looks now.

And here is a video of one in action, this was at the Sunderland torque show and after seeing this flying above my head made me instantly want one! :)

one of my crew members back in Greece he recently bought a DJI Phantom... and we are planning to do some really cool things

If you are using FPV I would appreciate it if you could tell me exactly what kit you are using and whether it works.

I would like to buy a TX / RX at the end of this month but I have a tendency to buy incorrectly (cheap) and then have to buy it all again later :rolleyes:

If you are using FPV I would appreciate it if you could tell me exactly what kit you are using and whether it works.

I would like to buy a TX / RX at the end of this month but I have a tendency to buy incorrectly (cheap) and then have to buy it all again later :rolleyes:

Ha ha ha I've done that myself loads of times lol

I just use hobby king now mate, there reasonably priced and even though the website is based in the states and it's all in $ there actually have a warehouse in the uk and it gets shipped from there and tends to be with you within 2days.

And all threre stuff is good quality , I just bought the 5.8ghz txt and rx then changed out the antennas for a set of clover leaf polarized antennas witch should give me up to around 1mile radius :)

Was it your first time or have you done it before mate?

How did you find it? :)

Been flying for years have the whole lot 5 jet turbines loads of high performance gliders 15 heli's & about 40 planes & all the DJI phantom collection just love them all mate house looks like heathrow airport fpv is really easy much preference fvp quads to planes & can go anywhere with these worth minimal space to land compared to planes where you need landing space