The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Quadcopter photography

FOSTA

So I finally decided to get out my new Phantom 2 today to set it all up after adding this to my collection which I brought myself for Christmas so here goes

Items are DJIPhantom 2 complete with zenmuse gimbal / DJI mini osd / immersion Rc VTX & Gopro hero 3 black edition complete with Fatshark Dominator googles / Fatshark spironet antennas & waiting for the new Black Pearl 7" dual diversity monitor with built in battery pack to come all up weighing in at 1280 grams looks great & all updated to latest spec see pics below:

Layout or accesories

Inside phantom

Tidying up cables underneath to run inside phantom

Wiring all ready & solder up inside all cut to neat lengths

Final pics of outside completed

All weighing in at 1280 grams finished

All inside its new home

Well happy with my Sundays afternoon work finally done

Pic of my other 2 set ups now have all 3 happy man

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

those phanton 2's are incredible, here is some footage me and my brother in law made on christmas day this year, no fancy music or editing im affraid. We attached the gopro, with the gyro it is so smooth! The quality is downscaled a bit as we did it in 4k and its too big.

We used the mobile screen which shows you what the camera sees so you can fly as far away as you like, you can also move the camer independently, when it goes out of range or battery goes low it returns to the gps cordinates it left from.....lots of fun!

[video=youtube_share;zg0Bsu-3kqk]http://youtu.be/zg0Bsu-3kqk

They have some incredible tech on-board, with sensors that are always pinging. still i would be wary of letting it follow me through a city but I am sure it wouldn't have a problem

This is the thing. It's a lot of money and, I would guess, an incredibly fragile bit of kit. I would be looking for some statements of fact regarding how autonomous it actually is in its operation. Could you literally ride a bike through a forest and have the thing follow you without giving the trees a trim? Every demo I have seen has been massive open spaces with nothing that could possibly get in the way.

You can program GPS tracks, it will follow a set track what you set,

You'll find most of those videos they have pre-rode the course, recorded the data then get the drone to fly it again.

Unless it is seriously new stuff with collision avoidance or something.

Its fairly easy to to do object tracking and distance sensing with cheap off the shelf parts, these coupled with a GPS sensor would make open space work pretty straightforward, there are lots of opensource based flight computers that already have a lot of this functionality.

Collision avoidance is another story, large object avoidance is not too bad but things like branches would be very very tricky especially while moving at speed.

How easy are these to fly. Would you be able to get it to hover as you drive straight under it (this all being done on your own)?

With regards to one having gps this would be great so it can follow you around driving at 40 and below? has anyone been doing this and have any footage of it?

my cousin has just bought one, the footage was amazing I was driving his R8 around 100mph with it hovering about 10ft in the air as I went through it, even though the air turbulence rocked the unit the gyro kept the camera completely still. These are proper boys toys :cool: