The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Andrew`s Single turbo 6 speed V161 Build

Andrew K

• 4 weeks later...

Done a bit more work on my engine over the last few weeks :) got myself some exhaust wrap and got my down pipe wrapped.

attachment.php?attachmentid=173577&stc=1&d=1376334243

Also got a K&N breather filter to go on the idle valve,when i tried mounting the filter straight onto the idle valve it was hitting the intake chamber! so had to make up a little extension pipe out of left over bits to move the filter back a bit.

attachment.php?attachmentid=173580&stc=1&d=1376334556

my supra project parts 002.jpg

my supra project parts 004.jpg

Final the bit i've been waiting to do :cool: got the manifold and turbo on for a test fit, i had to make some more mounting brackets for the turbo heat shield as the originals had rusted to much and was to weak to use! Been getting new oil feed pipping made up as well to replace the old rusty / dirty ones and put new thermal sleeve on them.

attachment.php?attachmentid=173591&stc=1&d=1376335297

attachment.php?attachmentid=173597&stc=1&d=1376336441

needed somewhere neat to mount the solenoid so made an alloy mounting bracket for it which fits on the side of the water pump. after doing that and it turned out quite well :) i wanted to extend this bracket up the side of the manifold so it would act as a heat shield for the top water neck elbow, my plan is to fit the Defi water temp sensor into the elbow where the threaded part is and wanted a bit of protection for it from the manifold.

attachment.php?attachmentid=173594&stc=1&d=1376336327

attachment.php?attachmentid=173595&stc=1&d=1376336327

attachment.php?attachmentid=173596&stc=1&d=1376336327

my supra project parts 011.jpg

my supra project parts 006.jpg

my supra project parts 008.jpg

my supra project parts 009.jpg

my supra project parts 010.jpg

Edited by Andrew K (see edit history)

• 1 month later...

while i've come to bit of a stand still regarding my engine as need to order some more thermal sleeve and decide what clutch i want to go with! i thought i`d make a start on my AP Racing brake kit i've got. As you can see from the pictures the disc`s them selves are not in the best condition :( so purchased myself some new disc`s and mounting bolts for the hub. The fun part was trying to undo all the rusty bolts holding the hub to the disc, i finally managed it but some of them sheared off which resulted in me taking the skin off the knuckles on three of my fingers:Pling:

attachment.php?attachmentid=175324&stc=1&d=1379965603

attachment.php?attachmentid=175325&stc=1&d=1379965603

These Front calipers are absolutely massive :blink: all i want and need to do with these are give them a good clean down and freshen them up with a new coat of paint.

attachment.php?attachmentid=175326&stc=1&d=1379965603

my supra project parts 003.jpg

my supra project parts 001.jpg

my supra project parts 002.jpg

Edited by Andrew K (see edit history)

• 3 weeks later...
Thank god the calipers weren't shot on those AP's they are much more expensive to replace :D also you've probably said it, but what turbo/turbo kit is that mate?

Your right there about the callipers! But they were working fine before I took them off the car I was braking so are ok :)

The turbo kit is a :-

Precision T6765 .68 (67mm Turbo with .68ar)

Whifbitz Tubular Manifold

Whifbitz 3" Mid / Down pipe

50mm Turbo smart Waistgate

4" Polished Intake pipe

4" K&N filter

Saw this build earlier this week. A lot of nice parts and thought going into it, going to be a great supra when its done.

Thanks mate :) was good meeting you the other night, I'm sure your project will be out there with some of the best as your pretty good with your attention to detail.

Your right there about the callipers! But they were working fine before I took them off the car I was braking so are ok :)

The turbo kit is a :-

Precision T6765 .68 (67mm Turbo with .68ar)

Whifbitz Tubular Manifold

Whifbitz 3" Mid / Down pipe

50mm Turbo smart Waistgate

4" Polished Intake pipe

4" K&N filter

Thanks dude :) thinking of something similar myself, where did you get the kit from? Whiftbitz?