The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Andrew`s Single turbo 6 speed V161 Build

Andrew K

Recently i purchased a Chris Wilson SMIC and what a lovely piece of kit i must say :) can`t wait to get this all plumbed in! i got all my newly powder coat mounting brackets attached and the new Toyota air diverter.

Would the SMIC be able to handle 600bhp? Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought it was more like the 500bhp mark the SMIC was good for?

Would the SMIC be able to handle 600bhp? Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought it was more like the 500bhp mark the SMIC was good for?

I`m sure Chris said his SMIC`S have been known to handle up to the 600 bhp mark, but knowing me i probably heard wrong! i`ll see how it coupes as don`t want to lose having a working front active spoiler on the car once that`s sorted out.

I`m sure Chris said his SMIC`S have been known to handle up to the 600 bhp mark, but knowing me i probably heard wrong! i`ll see how it coupes as don`t want to lose having a working front active spoiler on the car once that`s sorted out.

I'm not sure tbh mate, I'm sure Chris would tell you if you ask him :) and fair enough, got to say I love the active front spoiler, shame you can't use it with a FMIC, I think I'll just have to have mine permantley fixed down and avoid speedhumps :p

The only thing I would change is the fueling. In my opinion, your planned fuel system is the weak point in your spec list. It doesn't match with the rest of your parts. You could take much more out of the global package then.

Cheers

Luc

The only thing I would change is the fueling. In my opinion, your planned fuel system is the weak point in your spec list. It doesn't match with the rest of your parts. You could take much more out of the global package then.

Cheers

Luc

Ok thanks

Is it the injectors I'm going with or the fuel pump that may cause me a weak link in the fuelling side of things I'm currently going with?

"Previous customers have run these up to circa 600 BHP whilst monitoring air inlet temps to the engine,, with great success. They are all alloy, with fabrication to F1, aerospace standards, almost a shame to hide it away. They will fit using stock ducting and all stock mounting fixings, with no ifs or buts unless you have some bizarre front end on the car."

From a for sale thread he had before :)

Great project, keep up the good work :thumbs:

"Previous customers have run these up to circa 600 BHP whilst monitoring air inlet temps to the engine,, with great success. They are all alloy, with fabrication to F1, aerospace standards, almost a shame to hide it away. They will fit using stock ducting and all stock mounting fixings, with no ifs or buts unless you have some bizarre front end on the car."

Nice one I stand corrected you'll be fine matey as long as you keep an eye on things :)

Nice one I stand corrected you'll be fine matey as long as you keep an eye on things :)

Thought I had seen / heard it somewhere :) thanks for finding that bit of info.

I would do the complete fuel system: pumps, FPR, fuel rail, bigger lines.

Was I bit worried about the fuelling side of things so will keep that in mind, for now though I might just see how it copes as can always change those things at a later date.

Yeah Andrew...bear it in mind.

I had the same thought in 2008 when I went single. I am more than happy that I got convinced to go directly for a full fuel kit. I did't have to change (until now) anything apart from the injectors as my power kept constantly rising.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah Andrew...bear it in mind.

I had the same thought in 2008 when I went single. I am more than happy that I got convinced to go directly for a full fuel kit. I did't have to change (until now) anything apart from the injectors as my power kept constantly rising.

Been out in the garage again today and got my engine mounts all bolted on, i also offered up the manifold and Turbo to check if there was going to be any issue with clearance regarding the lower water neck and there was :rolleyes: so i went with fixing on my newly cleaned up N/A lower water neck pipe which is going to sort the problem out perfectly :)

attachment.php?attachmentid=171506&stc=1&d=1371997418

attachment.php?attachmentid=171507&stc=1&d=1371997418

attachment.php?attachmentid=171504&stc=1&d=1371997418

attachment.php?attachmentid=171505&stc=1&d=1371997418

my supra project parts 011.jpg

my supra project parts 013.jpg

my supra project parts 014.jpg

my supra project parts 015.jpg

Edited by Andrew K (see edit history)

Over the weekend i had also managed to get the stock oil filter holder / cooler cleaned up, once i had that back i bolted on the Mocal oil cooler sandwich plate and then fitted it all to the block,In one of the pictures you can also see i had the dip stick tube cleaned up as well.

attachment.php?attachmentid=171511&stc=1&d=1371997813

attachment.php?attachmentid=171510&stc=1&d=1371997813

my supra project parts 008.jpg

my supra project parts 012.jpg

I started to put some of the intake side back together as getting worried i`m going to forget were everything goes! got bits laying around all over the show :blink: this will all be coming back off as i`m going to be fitting all new gaskets when it comes to the final assembly. Cleaned the power steering pump up and gave it a lick of paint and got this fitted as well.

attachment.php?attachmentid=171786&stc=1&d=1372524888

attachment.php?attachmentid=171787&stc=1&d=1372524888

attachment.php?attachmentid=171788&stc=1&d=1372524888

attachment.php?attachmentid=171789&stc=1&d=1372524888

attachment.php?attachmentid=171790&stc=1&d=1372524944

attachment.php?attachmentid=171792&stc=1&d=1372524944

attachment.php?attachmentid=171791&stc=1&d=1372524944

attachment.php?attachmentid=171793&stc=1&d=1372525218

my supra project parts 001.jpg

my supra project parts 017.jpg

my supra project parts 019.jpg

my supra project parts 018.jpg

my supra project parts 005.jpg

my supra project parts 006.jpg

my supra project parts 002.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Been a bit distracted the last few weeks! what with the nice weather and getting invites to BBQ`s and out for drinks :cool: not much of an update but wasn`t to happy with the fitting on my fuel rail adapter being a push on hose.

attachment.php?attachmentid=172559&stc=1&d=1374172226

i replaced it with a fitting so i can have a nice braided fuel line with a threaded fitting, there was a gap between the Hex part of the fitting and the fuel rail adapter and this was driving me mad! :rolleyes: so i made myself an alloy washer 3mm thick at work on the lathe. This stopped the thread protruding to far into the fuel rail adapter and also filled the gap in nicely.:)

attachment.php?attachmentid=172565&stc=1&d=1374173057

attachment.php?attachmentid=172566&stc=1&d=1374173057

attachment.php?attachmentid=172567&stc=1&d=1374173057

Forgot to add i reamed the fitting out to 5mm Dia, as standard the fitting had a smaller hole so opened it out to match the inside Dia of the old fitting that was in there.

attachment.php?attachmentid=174504&stc=1&d=1378052890

my supra project parts 004.jpg

my supra project parts 005.jpg

my supra project parts 006.jpg

my supra project parts 007.jpg