The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra love

hodge

I do sometimes wonder about trying all the cars I wanted as a kid. TVR cerbera, RX7, old school M3 but they would only be a fill in until I come back to a Supra as they still look good, can be tuned to go really fast with very little effort and when I'm at the back of the Dragonball convoys it is amazing ot see the reactions.

On my 3rd mkiv now, will probably change it in a couple of years time for exactly the same.

Did you watch that wheeler dealers JB where they bought a Cerbra? If not keep an eye out for it, I will never buy a TVR after watching that, S plate car and the chassis was rotten, they have to buy a complete new one.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If I'm honest Jamie, I'd go stage 4, slightly lower it, some nice wheels and carbon on the exterior, then maybe upgrade the sound system. I wouldn't do another ground up build again. I've missed out on too many things with my family over the last 4 years or so. I've came to realize that family is what's more important.

Agree mate, I've promised my wife a big house before I ever mod a car again, I should not have gone so far this time really.

Agree mate, I've promised my wife a big house before I ever mod a car again, I should not have gone so far this time really.

I think it's more of an addiction than anything else Jamie. My wife certainly doesn't want for anything. But in my opinion I've neglected my family quite a bit during the build and I don't want to miss anymore of our lives because I'm lying under a car. I'll always mod cars, that's for certain, I love it, it's a bit of an obsession, but now I've backed off a little, well quite a lot really. Which is why the latest mods have taken me so long to get done.

ive had the privilege of having driven many beautiful and exotic cars, most of my childhood dream cars

and although obviously id love to have some of the more exotic supercars parked in my garage, i can honestly say ive always loved the looks and drive of the mkiv supra and will hopefully always have one in some shape or spec

love how the supra turns heads and shocks people when they realise its a 20 year old car, some of the members supras on here really inspire me to make mine better

toyota really did a great job

supra love + 2JZ love

love how the supra turns heads and shocks people when they realise its a 20 year old car, some of the members supras on here really inspire me to make mine better

toyota really did a great job

supra love + 2JZ love

:thumbs:

especially this part "some of the members supras on here really inspire me to make mine better"

oh, and thats the other thing I have learnt. Dont go fiddling too much with the thing as that beats the love out of the car.

Stick with stock twins, boost them up to 1.3bar with decent cooling, fueling and boost controller, stick in RLTC and then enjoy the car. Or do what the Nums do and track the hell out of one, they are an amazing track car too.

Really feeling the love today!! Went to a charity football tournament today and it great seeing the attention it got and admiring glances... the beauty is all the kids think they are all 1000bhp :D

One of the chaps was telling his mate how they murder anything on the road, and to check out the video's on YouTube.

Which is nice considering you had a few M3's, AMG's and quite a load of Audi's (My uncle's mate had his S4 there too), it just stood out. :)

An here is a video to get the blood rushing again... :D

Edited by Abz
... (see edit history)

I think it's more of an addiction than anything else Jamie. My wife certainly doesn't want for anything. But in my opinion I've neglected my family quite a bit during the build and I don't want to miss anymore of our lives because I'm lying under a car. I'll always mod cars, that's for certain, I love it, it's a bit of an obsession, but now I've backed off a little, well quite a lot really. Which is why the latest mods have taken me so long to get done.

I love it too, the build process is what gets me buzzing the most, especially when you design/create something never done before. I hope to use mine a bit more agressively this year and enjoy the power sensibly.

Im onboard the love train. Chooo choooo. just spent 4 hours cleaning up my brakes and discs as they've been sat outside all winter. All 6 months of it. First snow we got was in October, it's April tomorrow and it's been snowing today. The weather won't stop me though. The massive hard on I have for my supra will see me through.

8th year of Supra ownership and I still have the love, I wouldn't want any other (realistic) car. I was driving a van for 6 days the other week and missed blasting around in the Supe, not looking forward to being without it for a few weeks while it is being sprayed :(

8th year of Supra ownership and I still have the love, I wouldn't want any other (realistic) car. I was driving a van for 6 days the other week and missed blasting around in the Supe, not looking forward to being without it for a few weeks while it is being sprayed :(

:cool: going to be good.

ps- want to sell your mirrors?

I am approaching the final stages of my build, but I find that when the progress of the built grinds to a halt for whatever of the many reasons the love goes away rapidly since for the past year I've hardly driven because its spent most of the time between, body shop, mechanic, fabricators, to new mechanic because the previous one is incompetent etc. etc and inbetween that thousands of Euros..! But like anything in life; 'the harder the battle, the harder the victory' I believe that when we crank the motor and hear it purr it will make the worth the while.