The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My mate just sent me these pictures! :(

FOSTA

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How is that crash enough to make it go to the breakers? Over here that'd be fixed pretty quick, damage looks light?

I guess it could be different over in the UK?

Probably bent or cracked the front sub frame, and arms, I would guess, its what you can't see that's more difficult to identify.

It probably could be repaired, but would be costly, if that's an N/A how on earth did the guy not manage to catch it? Presuming it slide out.

Probably bent or cracked the front sub frame, and arms, I would guess, its what you can't see that's more difficult to identify.

It probably could be repaired, but would be costly, if that's an N/A how on earth did the guy not manage to catch it? Presuming it slide out.

Don't you remember how easy your N/A slid about? If he wasn't paying attention it could soon bite

That looks like the one that used to be around here, I heard it got sold up that way, shame to see another wrecked, if it is its a NA iirc with a fair bit spent on the body

Made a trip to Jurgens too at some point:

http://sphotos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/65130_304306703007227_1991529915_n.jpg

nice pic, you can see the new front window being bonded in over night on that pic

not sure if he member joe but looks like its going to pauls tomorrow...

so thats 2 supras crashed at pauls now..

got to respect that right pedal a bit more lol

Haha il have a proper look at it tomorrow when it comes in then, see what the damage is like. Looked clean though bud.

How is that crash enough to make it go to the breakers? Over here that'd be fixed pretty quick, damage looks light?

I guess it could be different over in the UK?

If going through the insurance for repair, they look at the cost of all of that parts required purchased brand new and then the cost of the labour of their associated local garage (which, when I had an accident a few years back, conveniently turned out to be one of the most expensive garages around here) on top.

If this cost exceeds that of 50% of the value of the car then it will be declared a write-off.

Unfortunately, being an NA, the market value will be lower, making the chances of it being a write-off greater.

Of course, the owner could just fix it himself with parts sourced from here and carry out the work himself/at a garage of his choice with a lower labour rate. This way, it may not be as much of a hit to get it back on the road (if it turns out to be worthwhile) :)

Hopefully the owner manages to get something sorted out that he is happy with.

Looks like damaged bumper, bonnet and maybe crash bar? Nothing too bad really lol

Depends if the front wheel was caught at all and knocked suspension, steering rack etc etc.... Although the first pic looks minor damage second looks a lot worse! But that may just be the angle...