Project UFO ! Restoration after over 7 years of neglect

supra_ufo

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Engine bay is looking good mate :thumbs: the hard work has paid off and I also like that crinkle paint finish.

Cheers Andrew, happy with how it turned out

Looking good mate. Are you doing the inlet crinkle black too?

Thanks Jay, Yes I will be but waiting for the weather to get worse as I always start working on the car when the weather is nice on the weekends :( and it annoys me that I cant drive the car when its all in bits. :( I havent decided whether to attempt the inlet myself or let Rob do it....

Engine bay is looking good mate :thumbs: the hard work has paid off and I also like that crinkle paint finish.

Cheers Andrew, happy with how it turned out

Looking good mate. Are you doing the inlet crinkle black too?

Thanks Jay, Yes I will be but waiting for the weather to get worse as I always start working on the car when the weather is nice on the weekends :( and it annoys me that I cant drive the car when its all in bits. :( I havent decided whether to attempt the inlet myself or let Rob do it....

Looking good, must be a happy supra:cool:

cheers :thumbs: i hope its blooming happy!

Naz how many tins did you use mate for the parts you painted?

Tempted to try this myself.

I would say 2-3 cans for the heat shield, cam covers and spark plug, I didnt want to get to the bottom of the can and have it spitting so the cans I used werent totally empty either. Give it a go mate, its fairly easy to do and it looks great and is durable to high temps, and muck etc.

• 3 weeks later...

Iky, Lil (manos) (local supra members) got together last night for a photo session and a coffee. We didnt expect the fog but it added some good "halloween" atmosphere to our pictures :)

Just posting 1 of the edits I did of mine, Manos may create a thread with some of the other photos.

http://www.photographybynaz.co.uk/Supra/supra_halloween.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

My speedo is now working, it was a real simple fix, bought the COG part of the speed sensor from toyota (£18) and it appears to have resolved the issue but I need to go on a good run and fully test my cruise control. My Rev counter still remains non functional but I intend to take it apart this weekend for some more further investigation. There arent many plans for the car at the moment, getting married next year so I need to limit my spend with the car, undersealing is top of the cards though. I could be buying some real carbon bits if Pauls black friday sales are good, Mrs owes me a present or two :) Other than that I intend to paint the throttle body during my few days off during xmas so there wont be much updates for a while.

Submitted a few pics for the calendar including this...

http://www.photographybynaz.co.uk/Supra/calendar_supra.jpg

Edited by supra_ufo (see edit history)

Good work on the sensor mate, you think you'll be sorting everything else over Christmas?

You considered just getting a whole replacement unit?

I have heckler PCBs and tbh the rev counter failed around that time, so Ill be taking it apart, I did try Allans spare cluster in my car but had the same issue?? I do have other jobs to do around xmas time thats popping into my head, my rear reverse camera is mucky that I can not see it so that needs cleaning, and at the same time I will change my rear light cluster as the driver side one has a small crack in the corner. I would love to also make my own LED light conversion similar to yours though

Mine are nearly finished mate, only something I'd ever do if your car was off the road or you could get a spare set mate. Takes up too much time!

Is the reverse camera a normal eBay one? Been meaning to get one for a while.

Page 5 #68, its a small ebay one I bought from China, does the job until the bodyshop took it apart when spraying the car and it must have shit inside it as I cant see. I would go down the wired route, these are wireless and sometimes "fuzz". Ideally I would of liked one without the darn parking lines too, there horrible!

Including my current, I have 3 sets of rear lights mate at the moment LOL starting a collection.