The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Want to go single.

gavin.starr

Why on earth does anyone need 5,6,700 + hp cars on the rd ?

To keep with the times look at when the supra was released TT power was allot back in those days now,new mercs ,bmw m5, audi rs6 are all above 500hp you need some power to pull away from the business man with his suit on a coat hanger in the rear in his stock car. It happened to me when I was bpu I felt like a prat having a 3inch exhaust making all the noise and no go getting pushed down the road by a stock silent audi.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why on earth does anyone need 5,6,700 + hp cars on the rd ?

One of my freinds in the states has an 850rwhp Supe and one ride in that sold me(current single setup should see me at 650hp, then to 700hp once cams, etc are in), the rush is just unreal, you don't need to have to go 200mph, foot down at 50mph has your heart racing.

One of my freinds in the states has an 850rwhp Supe and one ride in that sold me(current single setup should see me at 650hp, then to 700hp once cams, etc are in), the rush is just unreal, you don't need to have to go 200mph, foot down at 50mph has your heart racing.

The thing is, under 70mph a much smaller, faster Spooling single will give you the performance more of the time. I would love to drive a 6 speed single with UK diff, 264 cams and a log manifold with a GTX3076R turbo :cool: should max out at just over 500hp with a huge powerband.

The thing is, under 70mph a much smaller, faster Spooling single will give you the performance more of the time. I would love to drive a 6 speed single with UK diff, 264 cams and a log manifold with a GTX3076R turbo :cool: should max out at just over 500hp with a huge powerband.

It's hard to explain but it's not the performance figures I go after it's that 'punch', that 'holy poop we've hit warpdrive' moment as the larger single comes in hard. I know that my Supra is more of a straightliner and I'm not trying to make it optimum at handling, I just want that big open road rush :). Don't get me wrong, I'd love a more track focused set-up aswell but at this point in time I just want power :D.

Autos aren't as suited for track.

People get all upset when people say things like this as they feel its offensive to what they own, simple fact.

To be honest I love my tt auto for the road but I'd much prefer a manual for a track day. I'd like to try the auto on track in manual mode but it doesn't make me want to take it on the track because its an auto.

Autos aren't as suited for track.

People get all upset when people say things like this as they feel its offensive to what they own, simple fact.

From an auto owner, the manual is definitely suited more to track even if you know how to really use the autobox, but against a manual NA (as referred to earlier) the auto TT would be faster (not necessarily suited though) even more so if it was BPU :)