The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Want to go single.

gavin.starr

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What turbo would you be going for?

He sells the same kit with a turbo too for a bit extra.

For the power you are going for you won't need inlet manifold or throttle body upgrades.

Speak to Paul direct and he can advise you on the best kit he does for your needs and any extras.

Will do, I was going to drop him an email but im going home now so havent got time just this min. Joys of no manager and free time allows me to traul the net on £15 an hour :p

- - - Updated - - -

J spec 6 speed manual so i have a good base there.

Are you looking to go Single or big twins ?

My plans may alter dramatically in the next week which means I will have a brand new Syvecs ECU, Toucan, Id1000 injectors and a HKS GT3037 Twin Kit for sale from here.

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?280012-HKS-Twin-with-rebuilt-GT3037-s-(HTA-wheels)-Offers&highlight=Johnny

Will let you know if interested.

Are you looking to go Single or big twins ?

My plans may alter dramatically in the next week which means I will have a brand new Syvecs ECU, Toucan, Id1000 injectors and a HKS GT3037 Twin Kit for sale from here.

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?280012-HKS-Twin-with-rebuilt-GT3037-s-(HTA-wheels)-Offers&highlight=Johnny

Will let you know if interested.

Sudden change of plan, spill the beans then? :)

My car is running stock block and gearbox with a single turbo that I thought was a gt35r, but am told by Lee P that it is something else. In any case it has an HKS f con pro and was recently tweaked by Ler P and remapped by Ryan G. Now showing 497 BP at 1.3 bar. Your figures are achievable on a stock block and box. I would endorse what Rob and Jamie P say. Do it right 1st time. Plenty of bad experience along the way to where I am now!

Sorry but that thing you built was a heap, you broke it for parts before even having it mapped iirc, the other one was no better, seemed to break every time you drove it.

Do it once and do it right, quality parts and a decent mechanic.

did you ever see it? i built because i was challanged too. didnt want it i preferd my jaguar. so i broke it once it was done ,and you dont remeber correctly. it was mapped and used for a few weeks before it was broke , my other car was a toy to paste around a track and it broke gearboxes . whats that got to with the engine side of things. the only time i had a big failure engine wise was when my "garret gt4088" faild. the xs turbo never did. dont call it a heap when you never saw it. it was actually a nice car and very fast considering the low cost of it was a shame to breake it. bit low to go car bashing on things youve never seen

Edited by dr_jekyll (see edit history)

the block in looking at at the moment is for sale on here by m45 tt. Im thinking this would be a good solid point in which to start. And then if i get the bug i have scope to go bigger later down the line.

If I was in your position then that is something I would be interested in. Very good price and as you said a solid base

Never saw the car but a brilliant critic on the car. As said above it was built for track and did what it said on the tin. Also had the performance that was needed to stay competitive and iirc it wasn't always broken. But then not everyone is able to have a cheque book build or have someone do the work for them. Building the car personally is all part of owning and tuning them. No doubt this will be the last night I'll be a member due to numerous complaints.

did you ever see it? i built because i was challanged too. didnt want it i preferd my jaguar. so i broke it once it was done ,and you dont remeber correctly. it was mapped and used for a few weeks before it was broke , my other car was a toy to paste around a track and it broke gearboxes . whats that got to with the engine side of things. the only time i had a big failure engine wise was when my "garret gt4088" faild. the xs turbo never did. dont call it a heap when you never saw it. it was actually a nice car and very fast considering the low cost of it was a shame to breake it. bit low to go car bashing on things youve never seen

I did see one of them, I will keep my thoughts to myself on that though, I think I have upset you enough as it is;)

If you can build reliable 550bhp single Supras for £3000 then even with putting a decent chunk of profit on top you could ruin every trader on this forum, somehow I can't see it happening :)

you saw the car we built for sprinting and trackdays. what were you expecting a show winner? it didnt cost much and went fast. was also crashed now and again. wasnt road legal. hod no mot or tax and was kept behind the workshop untill it was trailored to a track to get hammerd. to refer to the last one i buolts that was a road car as a heap is well out of order considering you had no contact with it. i wouldnt rfer to any members car as a bucket or heap. not really called for is it

I'm currently in the process of building a HC TT engine with a PHR stage 2 kit, I've had a lot of bargains already but ill list what I've paid/looking at paying!

Just to note my car is/was a NA 5 speed!

PHR stage 2 kit £1700

Greddy inlet plenum with nos ports and q45 throttle £350

Greddy 5 row intercooler with piping that matches the inlet and turbo £350

TT head free of a good friend

Paul@Whifbitz quoted me £1200 or there abouts for a fuel system to run the best part of 900bhp

What else I need to get

ECU ( syvecs currently for sale on here for £1600)

Parts to build the engine up ( race bearings, arp studs and rods , head gasket kit etc) £1200

6speed box £3200

Brakes as mine are J-spec £1300

Mapping ( no idea! :D )

No doubt I would've missed bits but most of that is because mine is an NA to begin with! If I didn't have that it's wouldn't be too much

Luckily I can put it all together myself also so I'm saving a bit there, the intercooler and plenum are overkill but for the price I couldn't turn them down! :)

Rob

So then let's put something into perspective certain people were not born with a silver spoon in their mouth nor came into money. They work their balls off to fund a passion that they have.

Then you get people slating their work and saying that what they have done is "a heap".

So then we have not seen the quality or the work said persons builders carry put so in this little world that we live in must mean that said company does below safety standard work and a half arsed job at the same time.

So, does that sound fair to anyone. I'm guessing your all thinking no it doesn't. But simply because that person is a loved member with their own fan club what he says is law. No doubt I will receive a warning for this rant but I simply couldn't give a fuck. A few people have mentioned this type of thing going on and it simply cones across as a form of bullying.

Some people need to be less of a critic and take things on themselves then understand it can be done for a low cost and be reliable. Simply because no big names were involved in the build so no brown nosing or arse licking can take place it's automatically put down as being shot on Jamie p's shoe. Who the fuck are you to judge a build when you don't build them yourself. We've had a falling out before and thought that was it but no yet again it's come around again and the exact same reason. You slating work that you have not seen apart from in a few pics. Not once have you physically took the time to look at the car whether it be at the tracksay or at japfest.

Had you seen the car competing in the TSS, simple answer no! So by all means this obviously means that what you say is correct and gives you the right to speak about it like you do. As for breaking the other car. Why did you break yours. Was it that you would retrieve more money back by breaking it ?

So did it ever occur that's the reason why these were broke.

I really could not care less about the car tbh or what you think of me.

Im just picking up on the point about a reliable £3000 550bhp supra, hate to see any members fall into that trap reading certain posts in this thread, going single turbo is not to taken lightly IMO, it's not something to be done on a tight budget, I've seen to many members over the years make the mistake of thinking they can afford it only to get into a heap of debt and end up with a below average car.

Edited by JamieP (see edit history)

Guest Nicholas
So then let's put something into perspective certain people were not born with a silver spoon in their mouth nor came into money. They work their balls off to fund a passion that they have.

Then you get people slating their work and saying that what they have done is "a heap".

So then we have not seen the quality or the work said persons builders carry put so in this little world that we live in must mean that said company does below safety standard work and a half arsed job at the same time.

So, does that sound fair to anyone. I'm guessing your all thinking no it doesn't. But simply because that person is a loved member with their own fan club what he says is law. No doubt I will receive a warning for this rant but I simply couldn't give a $#@!. A few people have mentioned this type of thing going on and it simply cones across as a form of bullying.

Some people need to be less of a critic and take things on themselves then understand it can be done for a low cost and be reliable. Simply because no big names were involved in the build so no brown nosing or arse licking can take place it's automatically put down as being shot on Jamie p's shoe. Who the $#@! are you to judge a build when you don't build them yourself. We've had a falling out before and thought that was it but no yet again it's come around again and the exact same reason. You slating work that you have not seen apart from in a few pics. Not once have you physically took the time to look at the car whether it be at the tracksay or at japfest.

Had you seen the car competing in the TSS, simple answer no! So by all means this obviously means that what you say is correct and gives you the right to speak about it like you do. As for breaking the other car. Why did you break yours. Was it that you would retrieve more money back by breaking it ?

Public forum means each and every member will have their opinion weather you like it or not, one man's rubbish is another man's treasure. Back on topic now then :)

oooh period time ...for this week we must love xs power everyone "we love xs power" :p

So, does that sound fair to anyone. I'm guessing your all thinking no it doesn't. But simply because that person is a loved member with their own fan club what he says is law. No doubt I will receive a warning for this rant but I simply couldn't give a $#@!. A few people have mentioned this type of thing going on and it simply cones across as a form of bullying.

Some people need to be less of a critic and take things on themselves then understand it can be done for a low cost and be reliable. Simply because no big names were involved in the build so no brown nosing or arse licking can take place it's automatically put down as being shot on Jamie p's shoe. Who the $#@! are you to judge a build when you don't build them yourself. We've had a falling out before and thought that was it but no yet again it's come around again and the exact same reason. You slating work that you have not seen apart from in a few pics. Not once have you physically took the time to look at the car whether it be at the tracksay or at japfest.