Exterior;

Nismo carbon bonnet

Nismo Z Tune wings

Nismo R Tune bumper

Nismo side skirts/ spats

Nismo style front spoiler

Nismo LEDS

Ganador Carbon Mirrors

Who the best tuner supras? SRD or Whifbitz then fit a syvecs and get Ryan G of 2bartuning to map it

Parts best place Any registered traders

DEFIANTLY a Do luck kit.

What are like for rust and under body state. Skyline are really bad for rust and stuff like that Fresh imports are better then UK but its hit and miss depending on how they have lived their lives

• 3 weeks later...

welcome mate. good hunting!

you mentioned earlier about getting a later car as they should be better built. i dont think anyone answered this.

The facelift cars (97 onwards) while newer seem to have been built to a cost by toyota. there are a few issues they have that the earlier cars dont have. iv had a 98 car, a 94 and a 95.

There are a few things but i dont remember them all.

Some people have mentioned the suspention components dont seem to last as long.

Others have observed the body pannels are thinner, or different in some way, maybe a different material. im not sure how that makes it worse personaly.

There are a few oddities with them too. most people report that the boot doesnt open from inside the car properly when you pull the leaver. mine definately didnt. you would pull the leaver and then it would release but not open enough to unlatch properly.

You do get nicer carpets, passenger airbags, different dash. different indicators, headlights, tail lights and various other bits.

I think in general people would say a 96 non facelift car with the facelift headlights and carpet would be a better car than a 97 facelift car. but its personal opinion.

you mentioned earlier about getting a later car as they should be better built. i dont think anyone answered this.

The facelift cars (97 onwards) while newer seem to have been built to a cost by toyota. there are a few issues they have that the earlier cars dont have. iv had a 98 car, a 94 and a 95.

Others have observed the body pannels are thinner, or different in some way, maybe a different material. im not sure how that makes it worse personaly.

There are a few oddities with them too. most people report that the boot doesnt open from inside the car properly when you pull the leaver. mine definately didnt. you would pull the leaver and then it would release but not open enough to unlatch properly.

You do get nicer carpets, passenger airbags, different dash. different indicators, headlights, tail lights and various other bits.

I think in general people would say a 96 non facelift car with the facelift headlights and carpet would be a better car than a 97 facelift car. but its personal opinion.

Thanks mate!!

What's the difference on facelift and non facelift??

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The facelift components were built to save weight, not to save on costs. The earlier cars are heavily over engineered, which is precisely why they are so tuneable.