The mkiv Supra Owners Club

The Dark Knight Supra

Littler

• Replies 677
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheers dude :)

What sold the clutch for me was Steve's and Jamie's cars both who have said the 'grab' eases over time, and knowing it can take anything I through at it is good to know, but I don't think I can match the 'pig' testing :D

Recirc wise, this kind of links to my custom exhaust, I'm having a modified 4" midpipe where its splits to a 4" cut out for all the noise at the flick of a switch and then a quiet 3" twin box system for the normal route :)

Lies I tell you lies! It never eased on mine (and it was second hand). Come and drive mine, its noisy but as light as a smart car! HKS twin plate.

I didn't stand up to my abuse as when I pulled it out there was lots of bits that were broken off but would stand up to all most sane people can throw at it.

Got any idea what power you are likely to be pushing?

Exhaust sounds good! Can you go down the same route for the re-circ? Will give you the option for track days should you wish.

Nice purchase list mate! Wont want to come up agains you on the street :)

2 comments though:

1. I think your choice of clutch is terrible! I had one of these a few years back and it was noisy as hell (so is my current twin plate) but the main problem is its really stiff and is totally an on off switch. Driving the car round town, in traffic or with a hang over will become miserable.

On a positive note, it does very well with abuse. When running road tyres I used to dump the clutch in 4th to leave 11's down the motorway.

2. Plumbing wastegate back in - Totally a personal choice but I am a firm believer that less is more, an open screamer pipe is just too much IMO.

That was the case with the former RPS triple CC. The latest versions are great (info from SF).

I'm running a RPS triple CC...and it's great; userfriendly, not noisy at all and great biting point.

That was the case with the former RPS triple CC. The latest versions are great (info from SF).

I'm running a RPS triple CC...and it's great; userfriendly, not noisy at all and great biting point.

I am talking 5-6 years ago so that explains that.

Thanks

Plus you're not enough of a man for my clutch…..!! Don't forget that…. :D

:p

Good to know :)

When deciding on clutch i'd also look in the process what is needed to rebuild them, keeping downtime to a minimum.

PS what is the reason you've chosen for the 3.5 final drive over the 3.2 and 3.1 options Adam?

Good point Mario, will look into the rebuild side :thumbs:

The combination of the tyre size I'll be running and the ratios of the V161 have been the driver for the 3.538 ratio. I'll post up the gear graph showing the speeds etc when I'm home :) It should make for a quick street car

Edited by Littler (see edit history)

It is most likely going to be done between January and April as it looks like I'm going to the States for 4 months with work so it would time well. That is of course if Lee can fit me in :D

I'm giving Lee a ring later in the week to talk through everything so I'll update the thread with what is going to happen.

I'm tempted to add some ethanol into the mix... literally :D

It is most likely going to be done between January and April as it looks like I'm going to the States for 4 months with work so it would time well. That is of course if Lee can fit me in :D

I'm giving Lee a ring later in the week to talk through everything so I'll update the thread with what is going to happen.

I'm tempted to add some in ethanol in the mix... literally :D

Stay away from my ethanol supplies :p bad enough I will have to fit jamie for it haha. I'm hoping to get into SRD shortly since that's my box out and parts arriving at lee's

Good point Mario, will look into the rebuild side :thumbs:

The combination of the tyre size I'll be running and the ratios of the V161 have been the driver for the 3.538 ratio. I'll post up the gear graph showing the speeds etc when I'm home :) It should make for a quick street car

Looking forward to see the gear vs speed graphs.

Are you raising to an 8000rpm rev limit as well? Ooft! :)

With the A03B, V161, VVTi (7200rpm) and 315/30/18 I'm theoretically topping out at 203.87mph :thumbs:

Fingers crossed yeah, with a built head (and 269 cams I think), it may have more in there, only Ryan will be able to say really :)