The mkiv Supra Owners Club

The Dark Knight Supra

Littler

• Replies 677
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mrs turtle summed it up really but will be going by Lee's & Ryan's advice for what is best rev limit wise

Ryan normally sets up the rev limiter to the max where the turbo(s) are still giving a power increase.

One mine, power dropped after 7.9k, so Ryan set the limiter to 8k. Above that, the turbo stops making more power.

Have you built the head at all?

I have ferrera valves, springs and retainers and don't run 8k....not sure what I do run to be honest.

I was always a believer in keeping the rev limit low as it meant I could bounce off it for longer and with less worry of causing damage.

Have you built the head at all?

I have ferrera valves, springs and retainers and don't run 8k....not sure what I do run to be honest.

I was always a believer in keeping the rev limit low as it meant I could bounce off it for longer and with less worry of causing damage.

A built block can run 8000+ rpm.

The stock rods, and particularly the stock rod bolts don't like to be pushed above 7.500 rpm.

Whether a head is built or not won't influence the max rpm.

Well thought I should update this as a few things have changed, the following purchases were made and most are currently en-route:

- Big Twins :eyebrows: - Greddy TD05's, unsure on whether to recirculate or not, the setup has a screamer pipe now.

- HRE C93 Wheels - Front 18x9.5, Rear 18x11

- Virtual Works plenum & throttle body

- Custom built turbo back exhaust system

- Brembo F50 front brakes (356mm iirc)

- OEM front mud flaps - for the great price of a bacon roll :D)

And I have reached a decision on the gearbox/diff combo:

- V161 6 speed

- RPS triple carbon clutch & flywheel (thanks to those that let me test clutches today :D) which needs to be purchased

- UK big auto diff (3.538 ratio)

- TRD LSD

It does mean a slight change to the built engine spec but will have a good chat with Lee first about better options etc before it's built :)

Nice spec Adam, another big twins setup :thumbs:

• 3 months later...

Thank you Adam and man what a cars she is!!

Plan wise at the moment not much, just going to dye the carpet and mats change all the red lights and the red stitching back to stock so if anyone has mint door arm rests then I'm up for a swap and I will change them over :-)

Then take the dash out and get it sprayed 202 black like the car and maybe a set of facelift head lights but plans will be to go 6speed and small single like me and lee started talking but will do a list later on as I will get the best parts over the corse of the year :-)

I'll swap those armrests mate… I have Black recaro's and red stitching…. Would go perfectly.

That's brill have to be at blue water or if your ever this way dude and did you want the centre arm rest lid you can have that ?

- - - Updated - - -

Thought you were getting married my pastey faced gringo??

Put that on a hold dude will talk when I see you but all is good mate :-)

Well thought I should update this as a few things have changed, the following purchases were made and most are currently en-route:

- Big Twins :eyebrows: - Greddy TD05's, unsure on whether to recirculate or not, the setup has a screamer pipe now.

- HRE C93 Wheels - Front 18x9.5, Rear 18x11

- Virtual Works plenum & throttle body

- Custom built turbo back exhaust system

- Brembo F50 front brakes (356mm iirc)

- OEM front mud flaps - for the great price of a bacon roll :D)

And I have reached a decision on the gearbox/diff combo:

- V161 6 speed

- RPS triple carbon clutch & flywheel (thanks to those that let me test clutches today :D) which needs to be purchased

- UK big auto diff (3.538 ratio)

- TRD LSD

It does mean a slight change to the built engine spec but will have a good chat with Lee first about better options etc before it's built :)

What are you doing with the old wheels???

What are you doing with the old wheels???

Littler had some [Censored] [Censored] break in to his garage and help themselves to most/all the aftermarket parts. So those HRE wheels were with that (if I'm not mistaken). And the Advans are on the Car with Lee... (who will offer them to me first if he decides to sell them :D)

Littler had some [Censored] [Censored] break in to his garage and help themselves to most/all the aftermarket parts. So those HRE wheels were with that (if I'm not mistaken). And the Advans are on the Car with Lee... (who will offer them to me first if he decides to sell them :D)

Downer!!!!

I'll arm wrestle you for them?

:-) the wheels aren't going anywhere these are my fave wheels