The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Scott87 Project N/A First Supra

scott87

Looks good scott!!

Yea your first pic looked too angled if it's like rich's that will be fine, I only managed to get mine vertical using a fitting from a cosworth which has a very peculiar bend.

Looking forward to seeing this at the rr day

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Looks good scott!!

Yea your first pic looked too angled if it's like rich's that will be fine, I only managed to get mine vertical using a fitting from a cosworth which has a very peculiar bend.

Looking forward to seeing this at the rr day

Cheers dude. Needs loads of tidying up but just wanted to get it in and then tart the car up. Was a hell of a 14hours building it to then not be able to map it. Bit gutted. But will get the wiring sorted and hopefully get it mapped before next Sunday or actually on next Sunday.

- - - Updated - - -

Have you got any heat protection to go on the turbo, looks really close to your silicon inlet pipe.

Nope don't have anything yet. Lots of people have ran without so I will be I till I either wrap the inlet of but a turbo blanket.

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?326366-DIY-Turbo-Heat-Shield-write-up-with-pics.

Not sure if it would clear the na intake/ pipes but nice and budget

Thanks but im planning on everything going matt black, including all the intake pipes, then fabricating metal boxes to hide all of the gubbings on both side, again matt black. Then going to get an anodized nut and bolt kit to add colour. So a chrome heatshield wouldn't look right.

Here is a pic of the oil feed. It is much closer to vertical than it is 45degrees.

2014-01-27 09.38.26.jpg

Strange how they all differ

I managed to keep my oil feed and drain completely straight and haven't had to angle it at all

Its tight fit for the an12 fitting on the oil drain i have to remove the compressor housing to remove and fit as theres no space for a spanner but i had no fitting issues

Id recommend a titanium turbo blanket, my intercooler pipe used to be red hot before i had one, which couldn't have been good, i can hold my hand on it now after a spirited drive :)

Strange how they all differ

I managed to keep my oil feed and drain completely straight and haven't had to angle it at all

Its tight fit for the an12 fitting on the oil drain i have to remove the compressor housing to remove and fit as theres no space for a spanner but i had no fitting issues

Id recommend a titanium turbo blanket, my intercooler pipe used to be red hot before i had one, which couldn't have been good, i can hold my hand on it now after a spirited drive :)

Yer it is really strange how the same kit fits one way on one car and a different on another.

I think that how mine is, in that picture, is vertical enough. It definitely is not feeding side on.....

I will look into a blanket. I think i would prefer some black heat wrap on the intake though. I'm trying to make it look as stock as possible so going to spray the intake pipes black. So if i wrap the top section by the intake with black this will blend it in quite well. What do you think?

Driving the car at the moment, off boost, very reassuring as it drives just like an na off boost, which is really good to know that has not changed at all.

Yea that looks like the stuff scott. I fabricated an alloy heat shield and wrapped it in titanium wrapping, hopefully that will help. It clears the intake piping too.

The reason they are all different is because it's xspower, all the tolerances are out of wack.

Scott is your manifold already heat wrapped?

how will you tell the time!!!??? nice work its getting there, when you have the car for over a year and hardly drive it then its probably taking too long :)

Yer i suppose in reality i only fitted the turbo kit on saturday so its not even been a week and im totally peeved that we cant get it to work yet. God knows what i'd be like after a year. Biggest problem being this is my daily so daily routine is fluffed right now!!

On another note i did try and tell the time from the boost gauge at least 4 times this morning!! :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

Small update. 4 runner cap arrived today so will hopefully be able to fit the air intake to the turbo now.

Removing the AEM asap and the new unit is being fitted and mapped towards the end of the month. A small delay, but with the gauges in place and filter fitted i will at least be able to poodle around off boost meaning i can get too and from the studio.

Spent the morning doing a few more jobs to the Supra. Rewired the map sensor to try and eliminate the lumpiness which has completely helped. Also fitted the 4runner cap. Still had to squash the silicone pipe over the cap to get it to fit. It will do for now until i come up with a better solution. I will probably modify the dizzy cap so that it can be screwed into place 180degrees differently to how it is now to avoid the first connector as the other side is different.

2014-02-13 12.59.44.jpg

2014-02-13 12.59.47.jpg

2014-02-13 12.59.53.jpg

2014-02-13 12.59.56.jpg

Granted that would solve the issue of the king lead. But you cant see it in the picture, but its fouling against one of the plug leads too. Not sure it would solve that. Worth a try though thanks :) For now it is all plugged in and running so at least that is the main thing, it just doesnt look pretty.

Take the distributor out and fit coil-packs, then you'll have plenty of space and a better ignition system too.

How-to do it here.

I think that will be the route. Im probably going to make do as is for now as it is just an aesthetic problem really.

I will look at that guide and acquiring all of the parts.

*edit*

Think i will ask someone thats better at electrics to help after reading that!

Edited by scott87 (see edit history)