The mkiv Supra Owners Club

AEM FIC Fix and/or GE Coil Pack Conversion

David P

It is reported that this unit has a compatibility issue with some 2JZA80-GE (N/A) ECU's, yet works fine with 2JZA80-GTE (T.T.) ECU's.

Should both of those statements be correct, swapping the N/A ECU for a T.T. unit would resolve this issue and upgrade the GE ignition system to coil on plug.

It's a Win-Win scenario. :)

How to fit GTE ECU to GE here.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~:yeahthat:

How to fit coil packs to GE here.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~:yeahthat:

N/A-T ~ 2JZA80-GE engine with 2JZA80-GTE rocker-covers, distributor blanked over, coil-packs and FFIM unknown

attachment.php?attachmentid=180747&d=1392307660

attachment.php?attachmentid=180748&d=1392307660

Supra GE to GTE tachometer mod.

attachment.php?attachmentid=185140&d=1399395013

Coil pack conversion 1.jpg

Coil pack conversion 2.jpg

IMG_4701.JPG

Edited by David P (see edit history)

Much better, very useful information David !!

:angrymod:

I hadn't paid attention to which page I was on, I saw a Supra question and gave a Super answer.

Yet even re-posted here, sinks into the Anals of Myriad beyond Labyrinth, doomed to be veiled within unresolved technical questions, becoming Chinese whispered into an :secret: old wives tale.

With explanation and reference, there must be at least :think: a bucketful

and a half
of Urban Legend N/A-T "Stickies" in that little-lot.

For ease of reference, I've linked this thread to a Club Group; "2JZA80-GE & Coil-Packs". :rulez:

Edited by David P
Click the Smilies too ;) (see edit history)

Thanks David, I knew you'd be the guy to ask ;)

Am just about to do my first N/A plug change and have been reading a lot about the clips on the coil packs breaking....VVTI I now understand......still quite a bit involved though what with removing the intake/throttle body etc etc.

A great set of links there David!....Ive got the GTE Ecu mod working in my JDM NA Aristo using VVTI coil packs and the rest of the sensors needed, the plan is to go down the NA-T route but to use a TT gearbox and running gear and see how far I can go with it all.

A great set of links there David!....Ive got the GTE Ecu mod working in my JDM NA Aristo using VVTI coil packs and the rest of the sensors needed, the plan is to go down the NA-T route but to use a TT gearbox and running gear and see how far I can go with it all.

They answer many questions many Supra N/A-T-ers never knew they needed to know. :think:

So I've updated my first post to include pics & how-to videos. :)

Post up your spec with pics on the Clubs N/A-T Group Page, I'm sure other N/A-T-ers will be interested. :confused:

By p.m. request, I give my telephone number to help answer Supraquereynumdrums.

However, it appears that most of the confused are also incapable of speech and bombard me with txt grnst.

Replying to a 2 seconds to write barely literate txt grnt takes me half an hour of technical button pressing, then my phone goes ping with another txt grnt faster than my answer could have even been read, before I can get it back into my pocket.

My number is given for members who are capable of speech to telephone and communicate effectively in old money.

If incapable of speech or/and addicted to txt grnt confustication, then please direct the gibberish to another gibberrer.

:think: Or maybe a Premium Rate SMS number is the modern man's solution? :burp:

Thank you.

By p.m. request, I give my telephone number to help answer Supraquereynumdrums.

However, it appears that most of the confused are also incapable of speech and bombard me with txt grnst.

Replying to a 2 seconds to write barely literate txt grnt takes me half an hour of technical button pressing, then my phone goes ping with another txt grnt faster than my answer could have even been read, before I can get it back into my pocket.

My number is given for members who are capable of speech to telephone and communicate affectively in old money.

If incapable of speech or/and addicted to txt grnt confustication, then please direct the gibberish to another gibberrer.

Or maybe a Premium Rate SMS number is the solution? :burp:

Thank you.

What did you expect:)

• 2 months later...