The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Scott87 Project N/A First Supra

scott87

Its time to refurb my alloys as they are starting to look a tad tired around the edge of the rims. Im also unsure what to do with the centre caps. At the moment there are paint can lids :innocent: but they work really well and do make the wheels look after market rather than stock! Should i keep these and refub them along with the wheels or try to source stock ones and grind the logos off (really dont like the logo on them).

Ive also never refurbed wheels when the tyres have been on but i know loads of people have (using playing cards around the rim, bin liners etc etc). Does anyone have any tips or experience with doing this?

Im also wondering if someone would photoshop my car for me. Im either looking to have the wheels done in the same colour or im thinking gun metal grey type colour. Would someone mind photoshopping the car for me so i can get an idea what it'd look like :-)

Edited by scott87 (see edit history)

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Its time to refurb my alloys as they are starting to look a tad tired around the edge of the rims. Im also unsure what to do with the centre caps. At the moment there are paint can lids :innocent: but they work really well and do make the wheels look after market rather than stock! Should i keep these and refub them along with the wheels or try to source stock ones and grind the logos off (really dont like the logo on them).

Ive also never refurbed wheels when the tyres have been on but i know loads of people have (using playing cards around the rim, bin liners etc etc). Does anyone have any tips or experience with doing this?

Im also wondering if someone would photoshop my car for me. Im either looking to have the wheels done in the same colour or im thinking gun metal grey type colour. Would someone mind photoshopping the car for me so i can get an idea what it'd look like :-)

http://i588.photobucket.com/albums/ss321/langers_2004/P1030315.jpg

You could try sourcing some facelift center caps?

As for colour, anthracite would look good or failing that a nice fresh silver :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Still cant decide on my wheels so may start a pole!

Thought i'd update with some more bits i've got coming.

I've bought a stainless manifold so that will be my car with a full ss system mounted to the standard backbox and no cats or mid silencers.

Also just bagged myself some green footwell lights which ive wanted for ages so uber happy with that :D

Next on the list is fixing my broken knock sensor and polybushing the rear upper arms!

• 1 month later...

Well looks like i get to keep the Supra (fingers crossed), but either way i have taken the manifold and first cat off of the car and fitted a stainless unit i bought a while ago. It has made such a difference to how the car feels and the noise from the thing is immense now! Sounds like an old race car! Ill try and post some pics up at some point and a video too if i can.

Still got to do the bushes and fit the footwell lights. Then i think i may consider making some other small mods once i get my first pay check should things go as planned!

Anyway watch this space.......

• 2 months later...

Few more updates with the Supra.

Machined the headlights so they are nice and clear again.

2013-07-05 14.59.44.jpg

I also reattached the front lip after getting advice on the best fitment from a few people on here :)

2013-07-13 17.43.59.jpg

Gave the engine bay a clean and treated all of the rubber. Also gave the cam covers and inlet a lick of paint when i was changing the rocker gasket.

2013-07-13 17.43.45.jpg

Nice work, Scott. :thumbs:

Your car is so shiny in this pic from a few posts back that it has almost a wet look to it!

Just a small update. Got the car from the body shop so gave it a really good polish and took a picture in the sun

[ATTACH=CONFIG]163985[/ATTACH]

Just my opinion of course, but I think your new aero-lip would look even better sprayed to match the rest of your car. :)

In other news, regarding this:

anyone know somewhere decent in essex to get a full geo setup done? Need one for my car and I have no idea where to go.

...it's got to be TDi in Essex for any suspension work! They have all the gucci digital alignment gizmos and they tune the suspension on Lotus track cars so they know what they're doing with it too!

Spent yesterday tidying up some cables in the bay and generally cleaning a few bits and pieces. Gave a lick of paint to some of the intake parts and scrubbed down the other sections to give them back some shine. Also cleaned the spark plug gulley etc and painted this up, pulled the ht cables together also to ensure that they dont rest on the cam covers. Bit pic heavy but here you go.

2013-07-17 14.29.33.jpg

2013-07-19 15.26.26.jpg

2013-07-19 15.26.35.jpg

2013-07-19 15.26.41.jpg

• 3 months later...

Also whilst at DynoDaze the lovely Rich gave me a tt fuel rail and injectors for my na-t build. What a top bloke. So that is another item ticked off the list and the budget untouched....

Going to polish the fuel rail up and clean the injectors etc, possibly replace the rubber seals if needed.

2013-10-27 16.44.07.jpg

Collected my piggyback ecu from Viper today and he threw in the K and N air filter for free. Top bloke, also had a good look at the project he is building.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]176319[/ATTACH]

Cool mate gonna be awesome na-t it pulled lovely when you took me out in it so its gonna be awesome with a bit of boost on top

And vipers a top bloke

Cool mate gonna be awesome na-t it pulled lovely when you took me out in it so its gonna be awesome with a bit of boost on top

And vipers a top bloke

Cheers. I think it is going to be the cheapest na-t build ever with the generosity of soo many members on here :) How is your car? Did you go tt in the end or na i cant remember.