The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Scott87 Project N/A First Supra

scott87

Cheers. I think it is going to be the cheapest na-t build ever with the generosity of soo many members on here :) How is your car? Did you go tt in the end or na i cant remember.

Awesome mate I must say you do get some very friendly people on here :) if you need a hand with it I'm only half hour away so can help if you need a hand

I got a tt auto in the end after seeing my mate kamal's, its ok need to do a lot of work on it soon though :-/

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Awesome mate I must say you do get some very friendly people on here :) if you need a hand with it I'm only half hour away so can help if you need a hand

I got a tt auto in the end after seeing my mate kamal's, its ok need to do a lot of work on it soon though :-/

Spot on had a good play with a stock tt that my friend owns, definitely advise going bpu if you can.

If you have a garage with a ramp or pit that i dont know about then you would be a legend, or can map a car :p

just bagged an intercooler on ebay for 50quid, quite a good make :D

these are the specs i guess:

specifications:

connection radius (in mm) 60,00

net size (in mm) 550 x 230 x 65

total dimension (in mm) 700 x 230 x 65

colour Alu polished

maximum pressure (in psi) 45,00

charge air entry bar and plate

weight (in kg) 6,16

Another very productive day of getting parts. I am not the proud owner of an AEM ecu that i am going to run rather than the map-ecu that i had so i can ensure i can alter the timing once im running boost. This is the ecu and here is a picture of the intercooler seeing as i bagged it for 50quid:

AEM ECU

2013-10-28 17.37.49.jpg

Intercooler

intercooler.jpg

Spot on had a good play with a stock tt that my friend owns, definitely advise going bpu if you can.

If you have a garage with a ramp or pit that i dont know about then you would be a legend, or can map a car :p

Its nearly bpu apart from an fcd and to plum the 2 pipes for the boost controller its pretty much there :)

I do know of someone with a ramp but is only free the odd Saturday but he's getting harder to get in contact with lately :-/

Also as many of you may be aware the dam bonnet on my car has been allowing water into the top section of the spark plug chambers and causing them to short giving me a misfire. With the bad weather coming i decided to have a crack at a solution to it.

First i had to dry the spark chambers out with the other halfs hairdryer :p

Then this is a pic of the 'fix' from the outside. I have sealed the very top and angled the sides to persuade water to run down past the front of the engine. Its galvanised steel so wont rust and i dont think it affects the visuals too much, but i will make a decision on bonet after i complete my na-t build.

2013-11-04 15.48.04.jpg

2013-11-04 17.12.55.jpg

Paint it black mate, will look much better :)

Yer the car is getting resprayed anyway after the conversion to na-t so i will mask the bonnet off and rattle can the the mesh and metal. Will do it tomorrow if i get chance.

Will good rattle matt black take to galvanised steel or will i need to prime first as the plate isnt coming back off of the car again now. Tiger seal is mean!!!!

Scott, that intercooler looks exactly the same as the one on my project car, it's tiny. Do you know what make it is? I'm thinking of changing mine but have no idea what it is, there's no stamp marks at all. Your one is the first I've seen that looks the same :)

Scott, that intercooler looks exactly the same as the one on my project car, it's tiny. Do you know what make it is? I'm thinking of changing mine but have no idea what it is, there's no stamp marks at all. Your one is the first I've seen that looks the same :)

Yer it's made by wiltec. Supposed to be one of those subsidiary companies that gets products debadged but not too sure if that's true.

Either way everything I read about them was spot on and can't complain for the money. :)

Car been to Thor today to have the ecu fitted. All went well with the installation, however there is a misfire on the 6th cylinder when the ecu isnt bridged off. Pete is concerned that the ecu is faulty, but is going to check that the aem is passing out a signal to the injector on 6th cylinder and the stock ecu is running fine. So the car has been left overnight with them and they gave me a courtesy car for free :D He is going to do some work with an oscilloscope tomorrow to work out what is going on.

• 1 month later...
Your photo taking needs some work mate :D

Nice to meet you, and your mate. Is he a member on here?

Yer my slr is in a mode ready for the weekend and i didnt want to change it :rolleyes:

He is yer, i cant remember his user name though. We were both on the mr2 forum together before i moved over to the darkside.

• 3 weeks later...