Scott87 Project N/A First Supra

scott87

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

OEM official, either go to your Toyota dealer, Paul Wiffin at Garage Wifbitz, ring Steve Manley at Toyota for a club discount or Chris Wilson- he may even have one of his uprated OEM ones but it wouldn't really be needed.

As for Price I am not sure I'm afraid.

Ok thanks. I think ill avoid toyota as they quoted £430ish. I will try a few places and see what i can get.

Right here is a very short video of how it sounds. However its not great, forgot to open the window and it was on my phone. Im going to find a quiet road somewhere where i can stop and do it properly. Road was only a 50mph zone so its very short video!

http://s588.photobucket.com/albums/ss321/langers_2004/?action=view&current=2012-10-15141824.mp4

*EDIT*

On youtube seems to work better:

Edited by scott87 (see edit history)

Spent a day sorting some bits. I decided to do the lights today as they were in a state. What a beeping nightmare of a job it has literally taken me all day! :blink:

After fighting to get them apart, which took nearly 2 hours to do, the glue was well stuck on, i spent ages prepping the inserts and primering them. I then cleaned and prepped again to apply the black only to find that the halfords black reacted with my primer i had used so had to strip them all back again!

The patchy bits are just condensation from being outside.

Anyway here are the pics, i also did the ashtray too. Was planning on doing the dash as well, but as the lights were such a pain i ran out of time.....

2012-10-24 16.43.42.jpg

2012-10-24 17.17.32.jpg

2012-10-24 19.26.00.jpg

2012-10-24 19.26.08.jpg

Had to help someone with their car the other day and my other friend turned up with some parts. Thought it made a good photo :D Shame the 4th car that turned up to "connect 4" was a volvo not a corolla or something similar.

You can just about see my new headlights, still needs some more work polishing.

2012-10-25 17.45.16.jpg

Nice job there mate on all the work so far, great way to learn about supra's on the cheapish side is by getting an N/A :D

As for the clutch kit if you don't already have one yet I think Paul Whiffin does N/A clutch kits for around £300, that's how much I paid when I had mine done for the kit.

Cheers :-)

I think i'm going with an organic clutch now. Found one for much cheaper than oem and as it may bot be used for that long may as well save some pennies.

Nice one! One thing I would say, although you've already done it now a straight through pipe on the N/A is bloody brilliant, loud but not to much, and makes a wonderful sound, also alot less complicated than your piping master piece under the car, I've got one for sale if you want it ;D

Haha cheers for the offer, but my exhaust sounds bloody brilliant as is :p Also changed the cars feel a lot under pull too.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

After speaking to people on here i decided to get a geometry set-up. Well i couldn't find one locally then it occurred to me that my friend at the local garage who helped with my exhaust have some pretty impressive tools so i nipped there and asked. Funnily enough they did have a good piece of laser alignment tech that also did the cambers too. So i decided to have it put on and checked. Surprisingly all of the camber etc was completely fine but one of the rears was majorly tracking wrong and the fronts needed adjusting too. Here is a cheeky pic:

Whilst i was there i also noticed they do Nitrogen fill for some more impressive cars, but thought why not holds pressure longer and helps tyre balance so had that checked in, just like a GTR now lol :D

2012-12-04 15.56.48.jpg

Just for future reference mate and people viewing this thread, as you said you couldn't find one locally :)

Glad to see it's been done, should drive spot on now then!

Ah sorry thought you'd missed the post :cool:

It does seem better too yes. It also makes a difference finding out ive been using a tyre pressure too low :blink: didn't realise they needed such a high pressure, so this has helped a LOT! It's also nice when i'm going in a straight line that my steering wheel thinks so too as apposed to looking off to the left!

• 1 month later...

Havent posted in a while.... But im having the car professionally shot on Wednesday so should get some really nice pictures to get up. Still a lowly n/a though so im pretty sure there will be no engine bay shots! :p

Also hopefully fitting the tt active lip tomorrow ready for the photo's. :D

Also im still having fogging issues with my front lights. Is there a way i can de-mist them before the shoot?

Havent posted in a while.... But im having the car professionally shot on Wednesday so should get some really nice pictures to get up. Still a lowly n/a though so im pretty sure there will be no engine bay shots! :p

Also hopefully fitting the tt active lip tomorrow ready for the photo's. :D

Also im still having fogging issues with my front lights. Is there a way i can de-mist them before the shoot?

Halfords sell a product to stop your windscreen misting/fogging up, long shot but I wonder if this would work on the inside of your lenses?

Fitted the front lip today :D Was a lot easier than i had originally got into my head. only thing i need to do is buy two small plates to bolt between the lips as the original lip is warped slightly and you can notice it now the new lip is on. Looks ace i think :eyebrows:

I also found a Japanese coin too! I'm told some Japanese people slip them into new cars when they buy them for good luck......?

2013-01-08 12.16.28.jpg

2013-01-08 12.16.37.jpg

2013-01-08 12.16.50.jpg

Off to the photo shoot tomorrow too. Couldn't get the condensation out of the headlights unfortunately so think these will need to either be stripped again, extra sealant or some new lights. Either way the photographer has said that it will be a doddle to sort using software after :rolleyes: Slightly cheating but never mind.

After the shoot planning to change all of the brake and clutch fluid out as its black as soot and then onto the engine bay detailing, after that its suspension work, then i think a turbo :rolleyes:

• 4 weeks later...
Looks good mate. However, I've noticed that your front end is a slightly brighter red than the rest of the car. Or are my eyes playing tricks on me?! Nonetheless, sweet car, looks a bit like mine! :)

Its just your eyes :p No the paint is still not perfect but a full respray will sort that in the next year, few blemishes here and there. However the front is the same colour/brightness its just the light in that picture.