The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Scott87 Project N/A First Supra

scott87

Glad to see it's coming along, is it a standalone your running? Just wondering if it's another piggy if the stock ecu is seeing positive pressure somewhere and fuel cutting

Shouldn't be seeing positive as we didnt go into boost when driving the car and with the new ecu bridged off the car runs sweet as a nut par throwing up a speed sensor signal as its no longer getting the signal.

Also the ecu has a built in 3bar map sensor i believe, or 2bar i cant remember.

Pretty sure its just a messy signal somewhere that needs a resistor on the wiring. All will be sorted soon :)

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yay finally hit boost! Although now have run into a few other problems.

Managed to get the ecu sorted and clean up the crank signal using a resistor. This has now gotten rid of the weird issue we were having.

First test out was a completely dud as i had plumbed the wastegate in correctly so as soon as we hit positive boost i blew an intercooler hose. Refitted that and all was well.

Anyway managed to get out and sort a map for the car and then began to pull into boost to map for that. All going really well and then as soon as the 'big' power kicked in the clutch lets go at around 6k (i think), so eased back off. So the car is mapped to allow me to have a little play on low boost and not hit any high rpm until the new clutch can be dropped in end of next week. I'm not surprised the clutch let go as the car put down a hell of a lot more power than i was expecting it too!

Also need to remove the asis valve as when this is opening it is causing some really choppy air. Through the knockbox it sounds very messy so this is going to be removed and plate to house a sensor placed there until my new intake is designed and built :D For now we will just 'map' the asis valve out as such.

No pics as there was nothing to photograph!

• 2 weeks later...

Spent friday at Dynodaze fitting my competition clutch stage 4. Makes for a very juddery weird pull in first if you get it wrong pulling away but i'll just get used to it over time. Very light though, just very much all or nothing with the biting.

2014-03-07 13.38.51.jpg

2014-03-07 13.39.04.jpg

2014-03-07 14.29.52.jpg

2014-03-07 14.29.57.jpg

2014-03-07 14.31.48.jpg

Then today i have spent the day painting engine components and the intercooler pipe/throttle body. Went for black to try and get as stock a look as possible. Also painted the grill and the rain guard in the bonnet but have missed a tiny bit round the edge in one place which will drive me mad but it was getting too cold to do this bit again. Didnt realise until the masking had been removed. Also relocated the sensors etc that the king lead plugs into.

2014-03-09 14.23.11.jpg

2014-03-09 14.23.14.jpg

2014-03-09 14.29.51.jpg

2014-03-09 14.29.55.jpg

2014-03-09 15.37.54.jpg

2014-03-09 15.38.01.jpg

2014-03-09 15.38.07.jpg

2014-03-09 15.38.10.jpg

2014-03-09 15.38.22.jpg

2014-03-09 16.08.27.jpg

2014-03-09 16.33.49.jpg

1, is yours stock compression?

2, what psi are you running at?

3, are you on standard NA injectors?

what power do you think your making?

Stock compression, uprated plugs, about 7.5psi and stock injectors.

Looking for anything from 340 to 400. Will get it on the rollers once all is finished. But im not too fussed on the figures. Its bloody fast and still drives as an na off boost :)

• 3 months later...

Well its finished and all mapped up. Modified the acis valve so it no longer functions which has stopped the weird noises through the knockbox at high rpm. Clutch is holding really well par the horrible noise pulling from first but im just going to live with it as daily driving is lovely.

The wastegate wouldnt quite hold the boost low enough so i fitted a restrictor ring which is holding the boost perfectly. Lyndon also put a fuel cut in place should the boost decide to spike. A new wastegate is on the list of things to do but at the moment this work around is perfect.

I know have a horrible vibrating exhaust as it has shifted allowing the downpipe to touch the bulkhead so i need to have this modified or a flexi fitted.

Other than these couple of niggles the car is amazing. Pulls like an absolute train and my jspec dials can no longer keep up at all. :D

Ill get a vid up when i can and also one of me and a carrera 2 having a play, which he lost :p

Absolutely would recommend Lyndon to anyone that needs their car mapping. The man is a genius!

car.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

This car is now up for sale. I will be making a proper for sale thread for her later today.

The car now however is in need of a bumper respray as whilst i was away someone has obviously dinged it very lightly and put those little hairline cracks in it.

She also needs a new head gasket, as it is using oil and the compression is down, however this is an ideal time to fit the tt headgasket allowing you to have that little more boost.

Anyway if anyone reads this before the sale add goes up then message me :)