The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Scott87 Project N/A First Supra

scott87

It's not too electrickeryfying a job, here's a couple of pics of an NA/T with coil-packs.

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/attachment.php?attachmentid=180768&d=1392307660

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/attachment.php?attachmentid=180769&d=1392307660

It does look cleaner :) your not that far away to help :p

What sort of cost is involved? Have u done it?

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I paid £60 for VVTI coil packs and DH61 Ignitor and treated them to new leads for £30, a T.T. ECU can be picked up for a song too.

This is the cheapest bestest upgrade you could ever make.

Ah cool. Thanks. That is pretty affordable.

Can I wire in a tt ecu after mapping and if done right it won't effect mapping or is that not how will it will work? Completely foreign territory to me.

:think: Not selling that FIC and not buying A.N. Other Piggyback, will save you enough money to upgrade to coil-packs and have enough money leftover to buy me a few pints. :burp:

Fic is going anyway as can't run the risk of getting a tt ecu wiring that in getting the mapper down and it still not working. So I'm going with a different ecu.

Fic is going anyway as can't run the risk of getting a tt ecu wiring that in getting the mapper down and it still not working. So I'm going with a different ecu.

Once fixated onto a better because it costs more option, free advice of a cheaper alternative can be cheaply discarded. :read:

Do the sums and talk about it with the Guru you pay.

Edited by David P (see edit history)

Once fixated onto a better because it costs more option, free advice of a cheaper alternative can be cheaply discarded. :read:

Do the sums and talk about it with the Guru you pay.

I couldnt agree more. But the ball is rolling new ecu ordered and old ecu sold. The new unit is far better and has many more features so will be useable for this build and later developments.

But i have learnt from the mistake. Having said that im really keen on swapping to coils so i can tify the intake side of things up. Its that and a modified tt or custom intake that are next on my cards :)

An HKS DLI II can be used to boost the N/A ignition system, yet these are no longer available and cost around £500 when they were.

There's no "equivalent" device that I'm aware of.

Currently I'm running one of these which will be removed when the coil packs go on.

This simpler and rare as rocking horse poo fix will soon be up for grabs.

Don't want one bad enough to buy the one that's presently advertised on ebay as a DLI 2 that is actually a common or garden DLI.

HKS DLI is for multiple (6 or 3) coil T.T. ignition systems and still available.

HKS DLI II is for single coil N/A ignition system yet no longer available.

The correct one must be used.

:hi:

Day started out well with bacon!

Well got the AEM out today and wired in the new ecu. Car is running sweet as a nut with the new wiring in. However with the ecu connected we are now getting a random fuel cut issue, so this has caused us not be able to map the car. Thinking we need a resistor somewhere to clean a signal up or something. But the electrics are now in good hands and sure it will be up and running boost in no time!

Also moved my expansion bottle to somewhere i can get constant access to it. Yes its on a bit of a tilt but the hose has been forced in at an angle and is still at the bottom of the expansion tank so will not cause an issue.

2014-02-23 10.08.37.jpg

2014-02-23 11.53.53.jpg

2014-02-23 11.53.59.jpg

2014-02-23 15.19.25.jpg

Organised getting my stage 4clutch from wAlkerr. Or spoke about get if it at least.

Also spoken to the garage about having it fitted and the car under sealed whilst everything is off. It's also going to give me the chance to give the box and the prop a lick of paint :D