The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Scott87 Project N/A First Supra

scott87

Made a start on the conversion today. Chopped the sections of the car where the intercooler piping is going, fitted the fmic and fitted the induction kit. Had to fit this as non turbo setup as drilling the oil pan didnt happen today and need to use the car until it does. Came along nicely and should be converted very soon. Some pics to keep you all happy :D

2014-01-18 12.51.08.jpg

2014-01-18 15.21.54.jpg

2014-01-18 12.51.20.jpg

2014-01-18 15.21.45.jpg

2014-01-18 16.14.23.jpg

2014-01-18 16.14.26.jpg

2014-01-18 16.07.30.jpg

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Looking good, sorry haven't got round to sorting the brakes, haven't been to my mums as been really busy. Will do it as soon as I get a chance

No worries dude :) Just as soon as you can would be ace as i'd like to get a full 4 swap done and 'tart' up the ones you have off the car before fitting so i have nice new functioning brakes for being turbo.. My drivers calliper likes to kill disks for funsies!

Managed to work on the car again today.

Have got everything done. The intercooler is all pipes up and the turbo is secure, one bolt is a nightmare to get too so im hoping its tight enough. Can't fit the filter past the dizzy cap so looks like i will be mapping filter'less so will have to secore a gauze or something similar over the turbo for safety.

Started the car and the erratic idle has gone however the car is still idling pretty high. Hoping that this can be sorted when Lyndon maps it.

The intercooler piping sits quite low on the passenger side so i will also have to look at changing this soon if it causes me issues, however i have manage to fit all of the undertrays which should give me some protection. (The second to last pic, the undertray isnt secured further back the car, it is the bit to the right that is low, i ran out of zip ties to secure the bit further back. Plan for later if it stops hailing!)

2014-01-25 12.26.58.jpg

2014-01-25 12.36.16.jpg

2014-01-25 12.36.18.jpg

2014-01-25 12.36.24.jpg

2014-01-25 12.36.28.jpg

2014-01-25 14.13.09.jpg

2014-01-25 14.13.14.jpg

2014-01-25 14.23.14.jpg

2014-01-25 14.23.39.jpg

2014-01-25 14.23.45.jpg

What Dazzi means Scott is that you can rotate the very center off the turbo whilst leaving both the exhaust housing and compressor housing in exactly the same place. To do this you slacken the four bolts going into the exhaust housing (thin 12mm spanner IIRC) and also the bolts going into the compressor housing and rotate the center whilst both the exhaust and compressor housing stay in the same place - this will bring the oil feed/return closer to vertical.

The oil return fitting will be closer to the manifold but it's fine. I managed to get it to about 10-15 degrees off vertical using the above method and it was spot on :)

Ok thanks :)

It looks more angled I the pics and is actually closer to what rich has just posted. I'll post a new pic. That is the best angle I can get the turbo on tbh because of the fittings. I will get someone to look at it and see what they think and I'll post up another pic too. The oils feed is pressurised though and my outlet is very nearly pointing straight down. Can't see how it would cause a problem. But open to a technical response to explain :)